Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you expect Mario Kart Wii emulation to work with a decent framerate?

I have been waiting for a few months. I would just like to know when I should expect decent support in a few months, few years or few centuries.

I have downloaded the last Dolphin and my Q6600/8800GT only made like 10 fps and I tried all kinds of settings. I had the same problems and low framerates 99% of the other users had.

Should I expect decent Mario Kart Wii support from any emulator in:
-> Q2 2009
-> Q3 2009
-> Q4 2009
-> 2010-1
-> 2010-2
-> 2011

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I have reinstalled, but the speed is 15 fps on a Q6600/8800GT. That's not too impressive. I have been changing settings, but unable to get it higher. I enabled progressive scan, which made it actually faster and I disabled sound, which also helped a few fps. But from 10 fps to 15 fps is not yet playable.

Mario Kart Wii gets playable starting 25 fps, 30 would be fine and 40 would be perfect.

· Time Lord
2,067 Posts
Did you read the official thread for this game, there is a trick i used to speed up the game. Enabling optimze quantisizers and then hitting save state (shift + F1) during the game menu, is a good speed boost

· Final Fantasy XXX
2,425 Posts
Have you try overclocking? That usually a quick fix if you want more speed =)

· Registered SuperKyo
5,391 Posts
Did you read the official thread for this game, there is a trick i used to speed up the game. Enabling optimze quantisizers and then hitting save state (shift + F1) during the game menu, is a good speed boost
No need for this trick, Optimize Quantiziers were fixed in latest revisions :)

· Registered
43 Posts
When do you expect Mario Kart Wii emulation to work with a decent framerate?

I have downloaded the last Dolphin and my Q6600/8800GT only made like 10 fps and I tried all kinds of settings. I had the same problems and low framerates 99% of the other users had.

-> 2011
Very strange look at this video... it has the same configuration u have and Mario KArt works at full speed!! :???:

YouTube - Wii emulador - Mario Kart Wii, Dolphin 1965

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.