Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back when I built my new PC and installed Crysis Warhead I was unable to activate it due to me using up all of my installs on other computers I used to own.

I just reformatted my operating system recently, and was looking to contact EA support to beg for additional installs or see if the revoke tool would help.

However I was able to install and play Crysis Warhead without a problem this time. My question is when did they finally do away with the pesky install limit, and why do they still have the revoke tool listed on the EA website if there is no more install limits?

So thank goodness there was no need for me to beg for additional installs, I suppose that saves me one less of a headache. :)

By the way, does anyone know what I need to do in order to get additional installs or the activation limit reset for Halo 2 (PC)? It seems Halo 2 also contains that pesky installation/activation limit which doesn't seem to have been removed yet.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
hell id like to see it to, and the reply (if lol worthy)

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
****ing tages!!

its not invasive like securom or star****, but its a ***** to crack.

·
God of Douchebagness™
15,294 Posts
id try to contact the tech support for halo 2 and tell them to reset the damn thing or give you another copy of the game. if they dont then send them a package with a dead rat and a piece of paper with a big angry face drawn on it.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since the Halo franchise originated from Microsoft with the help of Bungie, I think sending a Ubuntu Live CD will be sufficient if they refuse me extra activations.. :p

I'd prefer to handle it via email or a support ticket system if possible, I hate dealing with outsourced tech support that is often comprised of incompetent individuals that know nothing beyond the scripted troubleshooting manual in front of them when you call.

·
Registered
8,815 Posts
Let's see it :p
I have Sacred 2. I rebuilt my computer. Now it won't activate. I check out your website and your GENIUS advice is to put my old hardware back, reinstall the game, then uninstall it.
Who the hell is in charge over there?

Your bull**** product is only pissing us paying customers off. Do you think pirates are putting up with this ****? No, they're ****ing laughing at you.
Fix this. NOW. Here is my key. [KEY WENT HERE]

Then, once you're done that, stop convincing retarded developer execs that they ****ing need your garbage product.

I'll expect this resolved immediately or I'll expect you to refund my money on Ascaron's behalf since you broke their game.

-Spyhop
I was a little bit angry :p

Their response:
Hello.

Thank you for your e-mail.
We increased your activation limit by one . You can now activate your
application again.

In future cases please use our Revocation Tool, like described in the manual,
before you format or change components of your computer.

Please also see our website for more information: http://unlock.sacred2.com/

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

SecuROM Support Team

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Remember, their excuse is it is all for stopping casual sharing between friends.. :rolleyes:

At least this is the excuse that is used by the Pro-DRM ****tards when you argue DRM does nothing to stop piracy and that pirates are still able to play inconvenienced..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.