Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this sequel sux big time! :(
Mediocre graphics, not-so-funny jokes, and bad gameplay.....in short, it fails to bring the elements (puzzles and stuffs) that make the previous games enjoyable.

In my opinion, Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! is still the best installment for these series. Yeah! :wub:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I seen videos of it and stuff and thought it looked really bad, Tis a shame cos leisure suit larry is usually really good :(

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
GMR wasn't too happy with the game, although ironically, they have a $10 mail in gift voucher if you buy LSL Magna Cum Laude for the PC/PS2/XBOX, considering the PC version is $29.99 at EB, that's a good deal if you like the game...
I think I'll pass...

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
I thought the graphics weren't too bad, but gameplay was laking. I only played it for about 10mins so who knows, maybe it was better or worse later on in the game.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
10 mins? thats not even enough to get through the tutorial

its an okay game, the graphics arent bad, and hell if youre comparing it to the rest of the lsl series... what types of graphics did the other lsl games have? :p minigames are kinda fun, and some of the loading screens are quite nice ;)

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well I'd give it an 7/10 and an 18+ rating from what I've seen. Anyhow... maybe I should try renting it again and playing the rest.

·
Registered
10,223 Posts
id give it an 81% which is pretty high for these types of games, its got some nice visuals in there, but if youre gonna be renting it i suggest you use some cheat codes to uncensor a lot of the stuff early on

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
uncensor it early on? so does that mean the censor the whole game or only part of the way through?

·
Souless Angel
900 Posts
Alot of it is censored.

They just released a version of LSL Uncut version actually you can only get through the site and amazon.com

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Strider said:
its an okay game, the graphics arent bad, and hell if youre comparing it to the rest of the lsl series... what types of graphics did the other lsl games have? :p minigames are kinda fun, and some of the loading screens are quite nice ;)
Well, IMO, the gameplay is the worst factor in this game.
It was OK at first, but when I played at least for 3 missions, I started to get bored.:yawn:
Man, it's like playing a very little collection of mini games over and over again.
If they applied puzzle solving gameplay like the previous installments, maybe I'll give 7.5/10 instead of 5/10.:p

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
The game is pretty "for 12 yr olds" imo. The stuff they expect you to do is just..jeez lousy.

LSL7 was much more better. And also, I hated the 3d aspect and having to use the keyboard to move the dude around.

S

·
0 Posts
AFAIK the uncut version simply is available in stores here ;P

but this is Europe. and NL at that. :p

S

·
0 Posts
btw, question...
it's a minigames-game right? What does it compare to? is it like Incredible Crisis on playstation?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I haven't played Incredible Crisis, so I can't give you a comparison.

Some examples of LSL's minigames are: "Pong"-like games, "Tapper"-like games, "Parappa the Rapper" wannabe (without music
), photo shooting, coin throwing, etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts