Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's your favorite game. It doesn't have to be for psx, can it it's your favorite game, but for any system. I have a three way tie, ff7 for psx(the pc version sucks), ff3/6 for snes and medievil for psx. What's yours?

·
Registered
190 Posts
So, any system eh?

Hmm, Elite by David Braben & Ian Bell is the greatest game of all time imho, and its my fave game too. :)

BOB

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
Final Fantasy IX and Star Craft

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
I like Digimon World 2 too

2,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hmm, Elite by David Braben & Ian Bell is the greatest game of all time imho, and its my fave game too. :)
Never heard of it what system was it for?

Another one of my favorite games is doom2, it's a classic, well by my standers. I have a doom2 savefile on my cousin's computer. I went there every year for about 7 years and beat a few levels but never beat it. How many levels are there? Well i did play some one elses file, used the level skip code and beat the game then, not really that fair.

They moved but my file is still there, it's got the highest scoar.:):):)

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Deus Ex for PC. Hehe I've been playing this game way too long. I've played it all the way through about 5 times in a row. This a game that takes a minimum of 1 month to beat the first time through. Its a FPS with some RPG like aspects to it. RPG as in you have conversations with NPCs and sometimes you get to pic what to say, and there is also a skill point system in it that lets you increase different weapon or healing or environmental skills. This all takes place 50 years in the future(there's also a hacking skill for enemy security grids, hehehe) in a government conspiracy driven plot. Your character is the second in a new line of Nano augmented super agents. So you get to get augs along the way that let you do stuff like run and jump better, stay underwater longer, heal yourself with bio electricity, and more. And it incorporates stealth kinda like in the Theif series(its made by the same company). If you are still reading this then go get this game. If you can find the original package its just $20 and the game of the year edition is $40 in US

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Well I have two.
1)Zelda (any in the series) - The only reason I bought a Nintendo 64 and SNES were because I saw/played Zelda at my friends houses and loved them they are they only games that I bought a console just to play... Of course I did play other games (after I beat Zelda ;) )

2)Final Fantasy VIII - I never did like FF7, no matter how much EVERYONE else liked it... but FF8 I liked FF9 is good, but 8 is still my favorite.......

·
Registered
106 Posts
Originally posted by Adair
And it incorporates stealth kinda like in the Theif series(its made by the same company).
Wrong. Thief was made by TTLG (Through The Looking Glass).
Deus Ex was made by Ion Storm (and no, John Romero didn't work on it).
But you're right, Deus Ex is a wonderful game. :)

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
Hey Enigma, What's the name of that game?

·
Registered
680 Posts
I'm afraid my game list will offend minors, and get deleted by the Admin ... :rolleyes:

well anyway, any games that last long enough than 10-20 hours can really get my attention - at the moment is Black And White

About those games above ... err ..... :fingers:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Originally posted by carnage179

Never heard of it what system was it for?

Another one of my favorite games is doom2, it's a classic, well by my standers. I have a doom2 savefile on my cousin's computer. I went there every year for about 7 years and beat a few levels but never beat it. How many levels are there? Well i did play some one elses file, used the level skip code and beat the game then, not really that fair.

They moved but my file is still there, it's got the highest scoar.:):):)

Elite was ported to just about every single system out there, it was available for the BBC Micro, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Amiga, x86 DOS PC, Atari ST & NES... plus a load of others too.

I guess my favourite system version was the Amiga version, but the first system i played it on was the BBC Micro iirc.

BOB

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
You've never heard of Elite!?!?!?!?!?!

That was one of the very first game I played (I was 4 and I got it for my Amstrad CPC 464). It was a 3d wireframe game in which you could do anything... Become an intergalaxic trader, a space pirate, drug smuglier, buck rogers etc...

Recent games I'd have to go with Deus Ex. That game is cool. However there is another one called system shock which is just as good.

"Look at you hacker. A pathetic joining of meat and bones, painting and sweating as you run through my corridors"

That game scared the hell out of me.

I wish I could get rid of the bug in B&W 'til I get to play it.

I was also a great fan of the Dizzy series. I still have all 15 games in my attic (and you thought the FF series was an epic!)

1 - 20 of 53 Posts