·
No People, No Problems
648 Posts
Is there any point to this???
OK... I don't understand.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Sometimes I play games which are made for Windows CE for the DC ;)
Otherwise I just play at consoles....

But this just is a tricky way of forcing us to say we NEED M$ to play games :rolleyes: (no offence meant)

Btw, there's emu's for Linux ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
>>proving that windows isn't has bad....

You came to the wrong community to try to proce that :p Probably 80% of us here use Windows and the others would be Linmux/Mac ;)

It's really a no-brainer that Windows should be used for PC games.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Since Linux supports OpenGL and OpenGL 2, wouldn't games with them run on Linux as well?

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Personally I use windows and only windows. I think its because of compatability. Windows may be slow at times but it is hell compatible! Most of the reason windows is slow and why people bash it is because:
A: They have viruses or spyware.
B: They have a horrible amount of usless programs running.
C: They have a horribly organized and fragmented hard drive.
D: They have all the windows options on full or they don't know how to turn options off. (Component Services, msconfig)
But other than that windows is really a good system. Even though it hasn't really changed since its win95/NT days. ;)

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I think a lot of agmes do (don't quote me on this - i'm not a big Linux guy) But I know that since most of these games are made with Windows in mind, they (most developers) don't support Linux as much. Especially when it comes to patches etc ... But luckily more are, which is good news for Linux users.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Relating to the Article Mr. Smith posted this kind of confuses me ...

Gamespot Article said:
"you won't have to choose between Xbox or PC" to develop games...and, ideally, so that players won't have to choose between the two platforms to play these games.
It sounds like they're saying that games could both be played on Xbox 2 and PC? Or that they will be making all the same games for Xbox 2 as they will be for PC?

I'm probably wrong in both instances, but it confuses the hell out of me!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I don't mind Windows when it costs <= $10.
Honestly, I think MS's monopoly in the OS has 'helped' the development of games by providing an unified platform. The only thing I don't like about them is that they have to stick their heads in just about everything; I love Halo though.
About the article: Does it mean that Xbox 2 games can be played on Longhorn PCs. I don't know how that'll be possible since it will probably decrease Xbox 2 sales. And giving PCs such boring ratings would only take away the fun out of putting together your own rig ;)

·
Just visiting ^_^
8,299 Posts
just to answer the question of the thread:

I use Windows XP

·
Registered
391 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Relating to the Article Mr. Smith posted this kind of confuses me ...

It sounds like they're saying that games could both be played on Xbox 2 and PC? Or that they will be making all the same games for Xbox 2 as they will be for PC?

I'm probably wrong in both instances, but it confuses the hell out of me!
Yeah, I too was confused. What's the point of getting an XBOX2 if that's true? And if it's true, then we don't have to worry about XBOX2 emulation (or even XBOX emulation if its emulated on XBOX2). :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I would play with Windows 98SE but my recovery disc got scratched up to nothing so I bought Windows XP Home Edition for my craptastic old PC :p

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Well although windows 98 was great for its time. I think that time is coming to a close. So I'm using winxp. I find it fast... once you turn off all the crap. And it runs almost every emulator out there with no bugs. Driver updates are a breeze and the built in drivers help for reinstallation. Not to mention I find networking is much easierr. But I use XP PRO not home. Home has some specific thing that actually can like the preformance of your comp. I guess its bad programming or such. I read articles awhile ago before I madee my decsion*. As for linux, if there was such a variety of pc games and properly running emulator I may use that but there just isn't.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
I actually did have more problems with 98 than XP. I really love XP. :p

1 - 20 of 42 Posts