Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I would like to know the differences between Resident Evil 1 (PSX) and Resident Evil 1: Director's Cut (PSX). Thanks

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
hmmm... director's cut had dual shock support... few more scenes in game, and maybe something more

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
didnt it have extra videos?

but my gosh the voice acting sucked @$$

·
Registered
108 Posts
To clear things up:

Resident Evil 1 (NON Director's Cut) was the firts and the best IMHO survival horror that started it all. It is the pure, original release, although had few things censored compared to the japanese release.

Resident Evil Director's Cut (NON Dual Shock Version) - has few new scenes added (unfortunately NOT the ones that were censored in USA and EUR releases), new mode of play - Advanced, new costumes, new camera angles.
Has a bonus disc with Resident Evil 2 Trial Edition.

Resident Evil Director's Cut : Dual Shock Edition - same as abouve but with Dual Shock support, still cut comparing to the japanese releases. Has a bonus disc with saves to all versions of RE1 + 4 official trailers of BioHazard 1.5 (prootype).

·
Registered
833 Posts
Vejita666 said:
To clear things up:

Resident Evil 1 (NON Director's Cut) was the firts and the best IMHO survival horror that started it all. It is the pure, original release, although had few things censored compared to the japanese release.

Resident Evil Director's Cut (NON Dual Shock Version) - has few new scenes added (unfortunately NOT the ones that were censored in USA and EUR releases), new mode of play - Advanced, new costumes, new camera angles.
Has a bonus disc with Resident Evil 2 Trial Edition.

Resident Evil Director's Cut : Dual Shock Edition - same as abouve but with Dual Shock support, still cut comparing to the japanese releases. Has a bonus disc with saves to all versions of RE1 + 4 official trailers of BioHazard 1.5 (prootype).
What did they censor in the first one?

·
Heretic
2,766 Posts
Didn't they have to change the colour of the blood to green or something?... maybe I'm thinking of another game.

·
Penadinho
2,599 Posts
Nah, it was "House of the Dead" tbat had the green blood thing.

Now I'm curious, is there any website that has pics of the censored scenes?

·
Eh??
1,737 Posts
Well, the US and EU versions have LOTS of censored scenes. For example, the intro is black and white, the slaughtered guys where shown on the jap intro, but not on the US one.
The scene where you can see the first zombie eating Kenneth, on the Jap version, showed the head of Keneth falling on the floor then the zombie looks at you. The head part was removed on the US version.

There are some other scenes. Meh, thats why I have the PC version. Nothing was censored.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts