Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im interested in knowing something...I use ePSXe normally....by far the best and the most flexible...So the other day I try AdriPSX and a version of Connectix virtual game station. Both others managed firstly to display the colours correctly on TOCA world touring cars..where ePSXe didnt (I played with the settings and different plugins..still no good) also beside the point as this game didnt work on any emu Ive found (bombs out later on in the game) . Also connectix managed to display the graphics perfectly (Ok not as good a quality as you can get with say petes plugins, but still faithful to the playstation), also played the video clips without a single glitch and also the sound was perfect..all this without setting anything!!
Im wondering..is this possible with ePSXe with some "works best with most games" settings and plugins??

I normally manage to get a compromise with games ( ie with colin Mcrae rally, the sound is jumpy ish and one sequence in the driving school, never works properly (the part where it zooms into the TV and shows you what your supposed to be doing))with ePSXe.

Just wondered thats all....P.S any news on a new version of ePSXe yet?? Cant wait to try those games that Ive got but havent been able to play...

Fire away with what ya rekon....

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
there are some faqs out there for helping with certain games but as far as having that kind of an option........ well it seems very difficult with all the pluggins and different system configs that everyone has...... It would be nice for epsxe to be as easy to use as vgs or bleem.... but I think it is kind of cool to be able to figure something out for yourself...... Like which configs works the best for which games.......

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
... or some of the advanced features such as 3d hardware accleration would have to go as in vgs.

All these config options remind me of the "good old days" when half the fun of playing games on the pc was getting the thing to run in the first place. Hands up all of you who still remember tweaking conventional, EMS and XMS memory and setting up you sound card details manually.:D

·
Registered
513 Posts
>all of you who still remember tweaking
:raises his hand: Hell, from time to time I *still* find myself having to struggle with memory settings and the like. Not to mention that juggling video card drivers and Direct X versions has done a good job of replacing the problems of yore ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Oh Good Grief! Going back to SSI, Origin, and the like, now are we? I remember those days very very well. My hand is raised high.:rolleyes:
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
The most interesting game that I tried was jungle strike. That game needed 600K conventional, 2Mb EMS, with cdrom and sound drivers loaded. I spent 2 hours tweaking QEMM to get it to load, then when it did I only played for about 15 minute before I got bored of it :D

PS I now have the Genesis rom somewhere:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
I remember tweaking my 486-SLC2-66(or was it SCL2? i forget) to run all kinds of programs, Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, Windows 95....
I was too fun. I'd spend like 30min just to get another 10k of conventional memory free.... (let's see, if I remove the mouse driver, then load DOS high...) ah the joys of limited system resources :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts