Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
best configuration is highly debatable because of shaders...however, here are my current settings (basically the Nice preset with some tweaks).

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.8
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce 6800/AGP/SSE/3DNOW!

Resolution/Color:
- 640x512 Window mode
- Internal X resolution: 2
- Internal Y resolution: 3
- Keep psx aspect ratio:
- No render-to-texture: …“

- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 0
- TexWin pixel shader: on
- VRam size: 128 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 1
- Framebuffer effects: 3
- Framebuffer uploads: 2

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Mdec filter: on
- Screen filtering: on
- Shader effects: 0/1
- Flicker-fix border size: 1
- GF4/XP crash fix: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

notice the strange resolution, thats because im on a 5:4 monitor (SXGA).

the configuration is different for games, obviously, because games have different needs. some games i play on OGL, some games with Peops soft, it all depends on waht type of game it is and what it needs.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
for most games, i dont like filtering and hi-res textures ;)

shaders are uh, well i dont know how to explain like how they work, but they'll change the look of things! get em from pete's site and mess with em.

what is your graphics card?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm.......but isn't filtering and hires textures suppose to make games look better? or is that not so? :p

so applying shaders will make the game different from how it's meant to look on psx?

i have a evga 7800gt co

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
wahoyaho said:
hmm.......but isn't filtering and hires textures suppose to make games look better? or is that not so? :p
it's all about taste. you can make an analogy towards french fries. some people like salt and vinegar, some people like BBQ sauce, some people like ketchup, some like mayo, and some eat em plain. same with PSX games. i use texture filtering in some games, but most of the time, i leave it off. i've always preferred the "natural" look---even back when i was emulating NES and SNES, i kept the filters off.

so applying shaders will make the game different from how it's meant to look on psx?
well, hopefully. why would you enable them if they didnt? :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.