Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best psx game? I need idea's for what to get...:argue:

I already have good games like smackdown 2, chrono cross, megaman 8 and x5, twisted metal 1,2,4....spiderman 1 and 2.... just to name a few..... what games are really good for psx....?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
It's a Spinning Smile!
5,309 Posts
Isn't more general discussion or off topic?!!! anyhow, I will recommend

Final Fantasy 9/8/7
Crash Bandicoot 2/3
Resident Evil 2
Gran Turismo 1/2

To name but a few....:D :lol:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
> Isn't more general discussion or off topic?!!!

Since he's not particularly referring to an emulator not specified elsewhere, yes (although I AM assuming he wants said PSX games reflecting the best for emulators). Moving to General discussion. Unfortunately, one person's idea of what the best games are won't reflect that of someone else...

·
Blitz Gundam Pilot
1,014 Posts
Hm....... try these games:
-Tales of Destiny 2
-Vagrant Story
-Syphon Filter 3

S

·
0 Posts
Um, almost all of them. I say "almost" because there were some real "dogs" made for the PSX. If this seems to general, take in to account what Ryos stated, "Unfortunately, one person's idea of what the best games are won't reflect that of someone else..." This is so true. What I may like, you may hate and "vice-versa". So if you see a game that seems to appeal, read the back of the package, maybe rent it if you can, and then decide, for yourself, whether or not it is one you might like. Trust me, you'll be much happier and more satisfied that way.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
310 Posts
sxamiga is right one's good game for another may not be necessarily be a good game for another person it halps when you try renting a game first then try it out and if you like it.. buy it! it also helps to ask other's opinions like what you did in this thread or try reading a videogame mag(if you like Japanese games I suggest Famitsu) also try not to be swayed by fanboy opinions(like FF, not everybody likes them, although I like them but I'm no fanboy!;) )

anyway here my pics for good games:
Tekken 3
Final Fantasy Tactics
NBA Live 2001
Final Fantasy(any)
GT 1/2
MGS

·
Registered
146 Posts
Now probably only I would pick these games, but I say you should get Castlevania and Vandal Hearts. The FF series is, as said before, really good too. :) Have fun!;)

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Legend of Dragoon , Vagarant Story and Driver 2 Also work fine on ePSXe , like most 2D/3D Fighting Games

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
GT 1/2
but get a decent steering controller if you can, the dual-shock don't really work that well for me (I seem to have much less problem with GT3 tho, perhaps they improved it since).

ok, everybody liked those. how about some "other" games:

Star Wars EP1 The Phantom Menace
I played the PC version of this one. It's an advanture type game, with some action, some puzzle, some role playing... :)

Jedi Power Battles
BSHHHONG! Lightsaber action all the way, baby.
However some glitches with all emulators except VGS :(
But if you can live with the glitches of, say ePSXe, graphics is great.

Toy Story 2
Again I play the PC version. To infinity and beyond!

Re-volt
cool R/C car game

Sarge's Heroes
I know, another toy game :emb: This one has lots of weapons tho.

well, there's probably more, but you know.

2,209 Posts
Medievil. It's really good, you run around choping up demods and monsters. 2 is also suspost to be really good. I only have the first.

There's a nice verity of weponds, puzzles, killing, graveyards, find the grail in most levels. It's a great game.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Zell, I see you fixed your quote.

Anyway, I was trying to think of the name of a particular game that I played once. It was pretty good, but I never found it for sale, so I don't have it. Does anyone know the name of the game where you play a ninja and the opening stage has a giant turtle that chases you if you fall of onto the waters edge. I would reccomend that game if I could think of its name and find it available somewhere.

·
Registered
495 Posts
here is some of my top picks

final fastasy(any)
tekken 3
vagrant story
front mission 3

you may want to get chronotrigger
it is actually a snes game which was rereleased in psx
which is a prequel to chronocross

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Here's a game that you shouldn't get: Rurounin Kenshin(SamuraiX)
It's horrible, you'll just waste your money. If you wanna know what I'm talking about, look the ones I submitted from the game here.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
How about, Final fantasy series -Tactics (really sucks)
Resident Evil 3
Metal Gear Solid (whitout that sound problem)
Legend Of Dragoon
Tekken 3
Chrono Cross
and maybe Tomb Raider 3, 4 and 5

S

·
0 Posts
Okay, here's some actual ones that are my favorites.
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Gauntlet Legends
Alundra 2
Castlvania SOTN and Castlevania Chronicles
FF 4 and Chrono Trigger (both in one package)
Darkstone
There are many others too, but these rank among my most favorites. Another one I would reccomend picking up, as soon as it comes out, is Dragon Warrior VII. From what I've seen and read, it looks awesome. I intend to get as soon as it is available here in California.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well first i would like to say that tastes of games, and everything else, are made from your own vantage point...BUT...i can make suggestions and if ur "taste" matches mine then u should be happy...I thoroughly enjoy, no particular order, Final Fantasy 7/8..havent played 9, which hurts my feelings b/c i'm an avid "FFer" i feel like im letting them down..neways, Metal Gear Solid and the Chrono Trigger FF4 package...i myself love Chrono Trigger (i think the first is better than the sequel) and think that it may be the best rpg ever..i wonder if everyone agrees or disagrees with me?
Seraphim

1 - 20 of 27 Posts