Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
365 Posts
The best in what or for what? That wiki is EONS out of date as far as N64 emulation is concerned.

More projects:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isn't m64p just Mupen64Plus+GLideN64 ? and isn't m64p the most user-friendly and accurate with the best possible graphics enhancements ?

·
365 Posts
It's the Mupen64Plus core with Netplay support, no cheat support, no dynarec and with any complicated / confusing settings hidden for normal users, only for x64. Same story with GLideN64.

In short, if any configuration interferes with Netplay, it's discarded. The same enhancements can be achieved in standalone and with better performance using dynarec.
RetroArch cores do something similar to m64p, they "emasculate" complicated or complex functions that could potentially confuse users. I think it does the job you describe as "user-friendly".

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am planning to use these two emulators: m64p and Project64+GlideN64 ... Are these two emulators as accurate as MAME ?

Is there a standalone version of ParaLLEl-N64 or Mupen64Plus-Next ? (I don't like RetroArch)

·
365 Posts
I am planning to use these two emulators: m64p and Project64+GlideN64 ... Are these two emulators as accurate as MAME ?
Project64, Mupen64Plus and their descendants aim to make the games playable on almost any machine with moderate resources (HLE). The goal of MAME is for games to be played faithfully to the hardware (LLE). Even if these former are capable of using LLE, their goal is and will always be to avoid "cycle accuracy". Same story with GLideN64 vs [Angrylion/ParaLLEl].

Is there a standalone version of ParaLLEl-N64 or Mupen64Plus-Next ? (I don't like RetroArch)
Not as "standalone emulators". But yes as plugins:
ParaLLEl RSP, mupen64plus-ae and loganmc10 implementations are good. m64p (loganmc10's) uses mupen64plus-rsp-parallel.dll in LLE mode. ParaLLEl RDP, it's not very clear to me if this implementation uses OpenGL 3.3 as a proxy or... replace Vulkan? My MESA version doesn't support Vulkan 1.2.
ParaLLEl RDP for Project64... there is no ParaLLEl RSP for Project64... yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts