Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I dabble in PSX emulating, but I'm no expert. I use epsxe on my desktop, but its a pretty fast machine that can handle anything without a problem, however I'd like to take my PSX emulation on the go and I'm having trouble finding a good way to play them on my laptop. My laptop is pretty old, but it should theoretically be able to handle PSX emulation somewhat decently, the thing is, I dont know which options would be best for me, so I thought maybe someone here could help.

The specs on my laptop are:
900mhz Celeron
512mb Ram - 32mb shared video card ram
S3 Twister video card

I've tried using epsxe 1.52 and 1.6 with different plugins with different options, all with varying degrees of success, but I'm not really good with the different options so I figured it was time to ask for help.

Can anyone offer any suggestions? I'd really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
23,380 Posts
depends on what games you want to play. for some games like the Final Fantasies you can use SSSPSX because it's tuned to be extra fast with some games.

you could just stick with PSXeven or ePSXe and try either the D3D plugins or maybe even Peops soft plugin (because S3 graphics just plain suck).

·
Unrelenting
2,289 Posts
for some games like the Final Fantasies you can use SSSPSX because it's tuned to be extra fast with some games.
Not only that; it also allows you to use the memory cards and extra features unlocked from your saved games unlike all the other emus out there if your interested. (The older Final Fantasies re-released on psx.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.