Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What emulators and plugins would you reccomend? I'm having some serious trouble finding something that actually works. Do I even have a prayer of running Final Fantasy 9 or am I just deaming?

Thanx!

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
it depends....if you just want no-frills gaming with good speed and sound, then VGS will do the job (albeit with a little patching to be done beforehand) now if you don't want any pixellation, you can go for epsxe, but you must have a comp with good specs to play it decently, and you must have a playstation bios image too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my PC can take it, I'm certain. The problem is the graphics plugin. And the fact that epsxe won't download from the page! What's up with that?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
ePSXe can Run FF9 w/ better quality than the real PSX if u have the right hardware and plugins... Downlad the FAQ and ull learn everything u need...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's great, but I got the grafix to work. All I need now is a reccommendation for what sound plugin to use.

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been using epsxe to play FF9 for a few months now and just finished a couple days ago. During the game I tried different SPU plugin and the best was Null2's plugin and Iori's SPU. The internal plugin works well but during the battle music it gets didtorted. If you need any help emial me at [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have both of those plugins, and they sound awful with FF9. What's the deal? Do I need to fiddle with some of the settings? If so, what do I do?

S

·
0 Posts
With Iori's SPU you just check or uncheck boxes to get the effects that you want. I have found that the default number settings, 8 & 48 are the best. One important thing, if you check the box marked SPU IRQ hack in the plugin configuration, then you must uncheck SPU IRQ Hack in the ePSXe sound box (the one w/the window that shows which SPU you are currently using).
Two other excellent SPUs to consider are Pete's Direct Sound SPU vers 1.10 and the internal SPU that comes w/ePSXe. Pete's is the better of these and, IMHO, alsmost rivials Iori's.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm using Pete's. It's just annoying because there's a delay in the sfx with that sound driver, and the others seem to work fine with the sfx, but they garble the music.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts