Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok......the only other emulator i have had before is a gba emulator,and it worked by downloading roms,but im new to playstation emus and i have no idea how the whole thing works, like if i want a game what do i need to look for and what other things will i need.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well first of all downloading roms is illegal so now you know. ;) You should give our forum [rules]RULES[/rules] a read before posting further so you don't get yourself in trouble :)

You can't download psx iso's because that is also illegal and we have zero tolerance for discussion about that. As for what you need, let's start by what are your computer specs?

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok i know it is illegal to download isos and roms but what i meant is what kind of files does epsxe play im just a little unsure of how it all works, i mean i never heard of an iso before today,so far iv just been using my own games by inserting them in the drive,but is it possible to play it without having the disc in drive incase something happens to my discs??

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
ePSXe can play CDs and ISO files. an ISO is basicly the content of the CD in one file.
you can make your own ISO file with an app like CloneCD, Alcohol 120, Nero, etc...
theoretically an ISO loads faster then a CD. (one advantage in using an ISO)

·
Banned
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thx for explaning 1 more thing (dont wanna open another thread)when i load a game the game is zoomed in and i can only see half of the screen.

·
Premium Member
8,201 Posts
xjamiex said:
thx for explaning 1 more thing (dont wanna open another thread)when i load a game the game is zoomed in and i can only see half of the screen.
O_O never had that happen to me.... what plugin are you using?

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Lower the resolution
But in your case that's fun, default res is like 640x480 or 800x600 windowed...
if you can't see te whole game window, consider using an higher desktop resolution ;p

·
All Heroes Must Die
60 Posts
xjamiex said:
I would like to share something, especially for xjamiex. what video plugin did you use anyway.
I have the same experience about zooming when I use Peops Soft plugin with "unstretched" chosen on Stretching option. (Super2xSaI unstretched, etc.)
The screen always zoomed 'bout 4x and i can only see 1/4 of it (it's the left top screen). I got normal screen if i select "stretching".
I got this "problem" (if i may call it) on both my Geforce2 and Radeon 9100.
I wonder if this is the proper result, or maybe i got some things wrong on my video card config.
Hope anyone who know better will help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts