Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is comming to Release 0.3..
Strange thing to start a thread with :)

But its true, here i will explain what is comming to 0.3, because it are very cool things.
As a progress report i already can tell some litle features.

GamePad support... Yahooeeee finally, the gamepad support will come to 0.3
This because during testing patrick found the solution for it.. and it realy helps testing alot better when you can see stuff after the first seonds after the menu :p

XMarbles is playable :) we already have played some games.
Speed will be alot higher if you disable the logging.. so not to file and not to debug window.
This increases speed alot.

Ok so xmarbles is playable .. big deal.. so what.
Well this is a huge step for dxbx, so its a big deal.

Also we seen the amazing intro scene of Rayman Arena again :)
Yes the demo is showable ... ( if we not break things up.. before we release it.. )

also alot of new demo`s giving screens, most of them homebrew.

There is still alot of work on 0.3, we still have some strange things in it.
Also patrick found a memory leak :(
That kind of stuff is no fun for a emulator .

so thats the news progress update report for now.

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
Nice to know that :) Very nice progress guy...

This gamepad support, is it like the Cxbx one? Or there is an image of a xbox controller with indications pointing to the buttons?

PS: Please, use the tabai's backdrop for the main GUI when you release the next version!

THANKS! :thumb:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Currently the configuration dialog looks much like the one in Cxbx, but indeed - in the future we might change it to a graphical version. (But then we would need a suitable, non-copyrighted image of an Xbox1 controller, *hint* *hint*).

As for the GUI, I don't have much time for that, I did only the most simple and necessary bits. However, tabai has volunteered to take up that department, I haven't heard back from him yet, but I have no real rush with this either.

My main concern is better emulation right now. There are still issues with the symbol detection code, and some textures don't show up yet. After that, I'll probably start with pixel shader conversion, although that will be a tough nut to crack!

Thanks for your support!

·
Never give up your dreams
181 Posts
patrickvl said:
Currently the configuration dialog looks much like the one in Cxbx, but indeed - in the future we might change it to a graphical version. (But then we would need a suitable, non-copyrighted image of an Xbox1 controller, *hint* *hint*).
I can make one with tabai, if he has some free time. In case he doesn't have free time, I can try showing up something alone. When the "future" come, contact me :)

THANKS" :thumb:

PS: I think this weekend I send the website to shadow :thumb:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is something you can see in the upcomming 0.3 release.

video is played also... this is after the movies.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
sure, maybe when xinput doesn't suck and cater for only .5% of the gamers.

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
The NTSC version of "Myst III: Exile" is "working" too. It shows an error message... but is already something! :D
For Cxbx, I had to move the files manually to it's proper location in the emulated HDD folder(s). That's if you're interested in seeing it hang. :lol:

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
For Cxbx, I had to move the files manually to it's proper location in the emulated HDD folder(s). That's if you're interested in seeing it hang. :lol:
This is something you can see in the upcomming 0.3 release.

video is played also... this is after the movies.
How did you get Dxbx passed the intro videos on Rayman Arena? I haven't looked into Rayman very much and last time I did, I got stuck on something. Since the game is a 4627, I'm sure we can work together and get this game playable for Cxbx and Dxbx :).

@patrick, I got your emails regarding bugs in Cxbx. I just need to find time to implement them. Your emails are greatly appreciated (even if I don't have time to make detailed responses, I read then when I have a free momemt), so please, keep them coming! :)

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Or your disc image is not correct... or we fixed something..
I have tested myst 3 this time extracted... and works nice except for the waithformultipleObjectex

thats still a problem..

but this are the screenshots i could make.

pitty that we have broken the Rayman arena... but prehaps it will run better when we fixed more things.

thats the news for now

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok tested it 5 mintutes ago... after a good search i found my xbox 360 wired controller.
i opened dxbx.. and started the configuration... and yes the 360 controller is working with dxbx :)

that would be alot easier to play games with a controller then a keyboard :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts