Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering since my current video card sucks. Also, I would want one in my price range ($100-$200) and one that's not dead like Voodoo 5. Sure, the Geforce 3 would be nice, but for $600, I think I'll go broke. Hehehe.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
unknown4x's right.
The GeForce2 MX is your best bet.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How much are the other Geforce 2 cards? As in GTS, GTS Ultra and whatever else they have.

·
Registered
168 Posts
as of today - at pricewatch.com
$295 - GeForce2 Ultra 64MB
$195 - GeForce2 Pro 64MB
$105 - GeForce2 MX 64MB
$57 - GeForce2 MX 32MB
$189 GeForce2 GTS 64MB
$131 - GeForce2 GTS 32MB

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Well since your price range is $100-$200 go for the GeForce2 Pro,I have one and I must say that the quality in ePSXe is incredible,when I used FSAA for the first time I was amazed now I always use it.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Well...
GeForce2 Ultra 64MB - Fastest GeForce2 Card u can get today... all the features expensive ... wait until u can find a GOOD geforce 3 price if u wana buy this
GeForce2 Pro 64MB - 2nd Fastest Geforce2 Card u can get today
GeForce2 MX 64MB - Geforce2 MX w/64MB RAM... trades off between GTS at high resolution in speed - economy version of geforce 2
GeForce2 MX 32MB - Geforce 2 MX w/32 MB RAM... trades off between GTS at high resolution in speed - economy version of geforce 2 - a bit slower than 64 mb mx's...
GeForce2 GTS 64MB - trades off between MX at high resolution in speed (GTS is faster at hi-res) - older version of geforce 2
GeForce2 GTS 32MB - trades off between MX at high resolution in speed (GTS is faster at hi-res) - older version of geforce 2 - a bit slower than 64 MB GTS...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll probably go for the Geforce 2 MX 64MB. That way I can save up for other things too, like a new processor... maybe 1 Ghz, but I'll only get that when Celerons hit 1 Ghz. Thanks for the help.

S

·
0 Posts
there's a new card out there, the hercules prophet 4500 which uses the new Kyro 2 processor....so far the results were oustanding: it seems to be performing like a geforce 2 gts while it has the price of an MX...nope, it's not nvidia

·
Registered
183 Posts
I recommend:

* ATi RADEON 32 MB DDR: its power is between GF2-MX and GF2-GTS (the price also :) )

OR

* KYRO II: it's cheaper then GF2-MX and it's faster then it (comes in May)

·
Registered
30 Posts
ya geforce2mx would be great... but it would be even better if you wait for geforce 3 and then the price for gf2mx will drop... and u dont wanna buy a gf3 anyway...so wait and buy would be better... i'm sure you can survive :yawn:

·
Registered
168 Posts
:shout: like what im about to say!!!!
First of all the radeon has a lack of updates, and there's some games it looks pretty bad on!
Second of all geforce2 mx beats radeons at almost all aspects speed (not features) - and is much cheaper and configurable at 59$-129$
and geforce2 mx kills with its 64mb version... pretty fast.... industry-standard cheap etc.

S

·
0 Posts
yes...but you could wait "too long" ....like when you buy a tnt2 or voodoo3 now it's dirt cheap...but outdated.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by tidus
Well, the Geforce 2 is going to be outdated someday, right?
of course....personally I upgrade when I feel my system's getting too slow and I can do a good upgrade at a reasonable price....though I'm not scared to pay a little more if that gives much extra advantage....everyone draws that line different though....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts