Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
shooter games that i like and have played recently include: einhander,metal slug, blazing star (they might as well call it metal slug with spaceships), tempestx3, these are top notch shooter games imo. very engaging.

shooters that seem a little too difficult for me include; super contra, gradius 2, ones that set you back to the beginning of the level when you die or have limited continues in general dont keep me wanting to play so much.

all suggestions considered. all systems.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
well i know what i'm gonna do about that. and you guys know how i'm going to end up playing this game. it's just too easy.

i understand that this site does not condone downloading of any sort. even if the game is somewhat hard to reach a physical copy of. or even if you owned the game before but it got scratched or you lost it. or EVEN if you have the game but for some reason want to download it also. you guys frown on that too. I've made that distinction. And i'm even tired of hearing that same question on this site like people keep asking you if its legal to download. i know what you're going to say. it doesn't take long to figure it out. and at the same time you probably realize that i play a few downloaded roms here and there...
i guess i'm just trying to say dont worry. i wont tell you where i got it.

i can't get it here anyways. dialup. no cable on my street. phone lines not dsl capable. too poor for hughesnet. i have to go to my friend's house for the bigger stuff (cd based games)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
maybe not what you're after, but Tyrian (bottom to top scroller) is worth a play.. though it requires dosbox.

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
SEGA CD:Android Assault, Robo Aleste, Silpheed
SEGA GENESIS: M.U.S.H.A., Arrow Flash, Air Busters, Thunderforce 2 & 3, Thunder Force IV (a.k.a. Lightening Force: Quest for the Darkstar)
Playstation: Thunder Force V, Project Horned Owl, Elemental Gearbolt, Future Cop L.A.P.D, Macross do you remember love (think its a import).
PS2: Thunder Force VI (though you need to import it from japan probably), Silpheed: The Lost Planet,
there's also the gradius series, raiden series, Ikaruga (dreamcast & xbox360 live), trigger hearts exelica (dreamcast & xbox360 live).

There are others as well the problem is i remember quite a few for the dreamcast though i think there imports meh sleepy... if i remember any good ones after i wake up il let you know.

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,728 Posts
yeah, and trigger heart exelica is (or is going to be) on ps2 ;) ...not that that's such a great game.
As for Thunderforce VI, it's a terribly bad game. Don't expect anything like Gradius V (nice Gradius since it doesn't put you back at the star of the level) and R-Type Final, though. Raiden 3 is also on ps2, as are all the games I just mentioned.

XBOX 360 has Otomedius Gorgeous (sort of Parodius sequel) and Raiden 4, but both are Japan only (region locked) :/

Some more titles worth mentioning...

PS1: R-Type Delta, Taito's "Ray"/"Layer Section" series (also on MAME, Saturn, PC, Taito Legends collection, under various names - there's 3 of 'em in total)

Dreamcast: Border Down, Under Defeat, Radirgy (also on ps2, cube - the game Karous, from the same devs, appears to be similar to Radirgy but I never played it)

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
N64 has Sins and Punishment by the way. The game is voiced fully in English for some reason, and you can pick up a complete English translation somewhere... making it a completely English game.

Or if you can bear with Japanese texts, you can grab the game off the Wii Shop.

Sincerely, a rare gem that did not get mentioned anywhere. :)

For PC, you can try out Ray Hound or Cyclops (made by the same guy), they are free, and quite fun to play when you have a bit of free time.

Edit: Whoops... it has Japanese texts and full English voice. Dear me... I need coffee. :p

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
The ultimate shooter for the Wii if you can tolerate Playstation or SNES graphics on a Wii.
The Gradius Collection for the PSP.
Ikaruga is on the 360 and Gamecube.
Raiden III PS2
I'll list more later

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
1.) yeah, and trigger heart exelica is (or is going to be) on ps2 ;) ...not that that's such a great game.
As for Thunderforce VI, it's a terribly bad game.

2.) Dreamcast: Border Down, Under Defeat, Radirgy (also on ps2, cube - the game Karous, from the same devs, appears to be similar to Radirgy but I never played it)
1.) I for one enjoyed both games a lot :p

2.)Isnt Border Down a Import ? if imports are ok then, there's Chaos Field, Canon Spike (this is not a import), Giga Wing 1&2, Mars Matrix (not a import), PsyVariar2, these are for the dreamcast.

Btw Strike, Ikaruga is for Gamecube too.
Didnt know about also being a GC edition.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
Chaos Field is on the Ultimate shooter for the Wii as well as Karous and Radio Allergy.

Gamestop

GameFaQs

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.