Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi im using dolphin 5.0-10910 and iwas wondering what controller to use to emulate the wii stick? because i am having trouble playing games with it.
im currently using gamecube controller for the game cube games but wanted to know whats best for the wii games. any help would be appreciated.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,462 Posts
Honestly, that depends on the game you're trying to play. Games that make heavy use of the motion controls are best played with an actual Wiimote.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do you connect a wiimote to your computer then? is thier some special usb thing? what do you use for it?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,462 Posts
You need a bluetooth dongle (adapter). Just plug it in to an empty usb port. You can buy them online for $5 on amazon or newegg. You may also need a sensor bar and they make usb versions of them too starting at $5. You only need the sensor bar so you can point the wiimote at the screen and control the game's cursor or play Metroid Prime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so is that what you use for dolphin a wiimote and that dongle thing? also i went here https://www.amazon.com/s?k=bluetooth+dongle&ref=nb_sb_noss wich one is it that i need? and where do i get a usb senor bar? and how do you connect the wiimote to the computer with usb is their some usb thing that the wiimote can plug into? becuase im confused about the bluetooth thing and does this senor bar lookl ike a good one to use? https://www.amazon.com/Wii-Sensor-Replacement-Infrared-Motion-Nintendo/dp/B07N2J554L/ref=sr_1_4?crid=3AXSVL0OQQ3SE&keywords=usb+sensor+bar+wii&qid=1568229215&s=gateway&sprefix=usb+sensor,aps,209&sr=8-4

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,462 Posts
Any of those Bluetooth dongles should be fine. The sensor bar you linked is fine too.

You just plug them in and when Windows starts, it'll install the Bluetooth drivers. The sensor bar just draws power and doesn't need drivers. A little Bluetooth icon will appear in your taskbar. Right click it and "add device" or search for new hardware. I'm a little hazy on this because it's been years since I've done this. Basically you press 1 and 2 on your wiimote while you have your computer search for new Bluetooth devices. When the wiimote shows up double click it to add it. If it asks for a pin number, 0000 should work. Then just start Dolphin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thanks ill have to try those when i get them but if i dont whats another controler that emulates the wii controler that is good?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,462 Posts
The Wiimote is entirely unique unto itself. There is no replacement.

As I mentioned in a previous post, if the game(s) you are playing don't require much, if any motion control input then you don't need real hardware. Dolphin can emulate shaking the Wiimote and you can map that to a button on a standard controller, for instance.

Super Mario Bros. Wii doesn't need a Wiimote because it just uses shake and roll, both can be emulated and mapped to conventional buttons. Wii Sports meanwhile makes very advanced and rather sophisticated use of the Wiimote and mapping these movements to a conventional controller would be extremely difficult, not to mention it wouldn't be very fun to play like that.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
best option is a dolphinbar it will easily sync regular wiimotes as well as motion plus wiimotes (which are hard to get working) and dolphin has the ability to bypass windows bluetooth code and access the wiimotes directly through dolphinbar so it is like a real wii using the wiimote

1 - 9 of 9 Posts