Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
In limbo
Joined
·
914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas is coming up! (YEHEY!!!!!!!!!!!!) I went to a local video renting store and picked up SPAWN and THE MUMMY RETURNS. But I couldn't decide on a good Christmas movie to watch. I was thinking maybe HOME ALONE 1/2?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,307 Posts
The original Home Alone is pretty good. Check out A Christmas Story if you haven't seen it yet. Um...Die Hard takes place during Christmas. ;)

I can't think of very many movies specifically aimed at Christmas.
 

·
Lost in Time
Joined
·
2,289 Posts
Home alone? I grew sick of that movie... I watched it too many times on tv... I wouldn't watch it one more time, even if I was tied to a chair ;)
Christmas movies always make me feel sad, there's no snow here :cry:
 

·
playing FGO
Joined
·
10,133 Posts
How about The Grinch? :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by Fou-lu

Christmas movies always make me feel sad, there's no snow here :cry:
When you have to shovel your driveway, and then drive in the snow, you'll be glad you don't have any snow :)

When I first came to Canada, the moment I saw snow, I was like "COOOL!! SNOWWW WHOOOAH!!"

Now it's more along the lines of "#$(&#*$&(@ SNOW #*$#(*&!!"

:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by carnage179
I love that part at the begining of scrooged, what's it called, the night the raindeer died?
it's been a LONG time since I watched Scrooged, so I don't remember. I'll rent it again during Thanksgiving break.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
270 Posts
has neone mentioned "the nightmare before christmas"? uh, i think datz wut itz called, itz a stop motion claymation. i only saw a part of it and i think itz a pretti tight xmas movie:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,853 Posts
Originally posted by lizardj
has neone mentioned "the nightmare before christmas"? uh, i think datz wut itz called, itz a stop motion claymation. i only saw a part of it and i think itz a pretti tight xmas movie:)
See my first reply, a few posts up :p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by lizardj
has neone mentioned "the nightmare before christmas"? uh, i think datz wut itz called, itz a stop motion claymation. i only saw a part of it and i think itz a pretti tight xmas movie:)
Originally posted by kairi00
Tim Burton's "The Nightmare before Christmas" :)
Kai mentioned it there.

[edit]I apologize. Got too paranoid :emb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by kairi00


When you have to shovel your driveway, and then drive in the snow, you'll be glad you don't have any snow :)

When I first came to Canada, the moment I saw snow, I was like "COOOL!! SNOWWW WHOOOAH!!"

Now it's more along the lines of "#$(&#*$&(@ SNOW #*$#(*&!!"

:D
same reaction for me. Except now I live in Atlanta, and I'm pretty much beggin for snow come Winter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,506 Posts
Of the many different adaptations of A Christmas Carol that I have seen the best has to be the film with George C Scot as Ebenezer Scrooge. Second to that was Patrick Stewart's adaptation. Whilst it is more closelly related to the original story I just couldn't accept Stewart as Scrooge. Scot was brilliant in the role though.

Anyways christmas movies... damn hard to like any of them(or should that be Bah! Humbug.;)). Its easier to list the absolute tripe. Jingle all the way, Santa claus the movie (if heath catches me posting that she'll kill me:heh: ) and Home Alone 2 (more of the same) are to name but a few.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Of the many different adaptations of A Christmas Carol that I have seen the best has to be the film with George C Scot as Ebenezer Scrooge. Second to that was Patrick Stewart's adaptation. Whilst it is more closelly related to the original story I just couldn't accept Stewart as Scrooge. Scot was brilliant in the role though.

Anyways christmas movies... damn hard to like any of them(or should that be Bah! Humbug.;)). Its easier to list the absolute tripe. Jingle all the way, Santa claus the movie (if heath catches me posting that she'll kill me:heh: ) and Home Alone 2 (more of the same) are to name but a few.
Stewart wasn't a good pick for Scrooge. I keep staring at his bald head everytime he starts talking. Jingle All The Way wasn't that good (aimed for kiddies, that). A good movie for christmas is the movie that has Jimmy Stewart in it. Except my mind suddenly blanked and I can't remember the name:emb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,716 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
> A good movie for christmas is the movie that has Jimmy Stewart in it.

You mean It's a Wonderful Life?
yup. I'll edit that in. For some reason, I can never remember that title. Ever see the SNL episode where they made fun of the movie? :rofl:
 
1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Top