Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Final Fantasy XXX
2,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing is certain, technologies will be way, way more advanced than it is today. Watching Apple Seed and other futuristic anime movies and other non-anime related materials such as Discovery Channel or History Channel make me think that the future will be fun and exciting.

Cyborgs, humanoids, robots, which will you choose? Super strength and intelligent genes can be muster, implemented or extracted from DNA. Do you want to live longer or forever? Cancer will be the thing of the past. How about artificially manufacture your body parts and replace them? Or what about transferring your body or soul to another body or vessel? What about cloning? Have you ever thought of talking or befriend with someone who thinks, behaves, and talks like you?

This is what I envisions of the future...

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
i for one welcome our alien overlords. :D

·
The one and only
3,660 Posts
technological growth is exponential, these claims are valid.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
No, 50 years ago they said electric cars would be standard and the gasoline engine would be phased out.

ZING!

50 years ago they said poverty would be wiped off the face of this planet by the start of the 21st Century.

Zing x2!

50 years ago they said we'd have walk-ways in our houses to commute within it.

Zing x3!

50 years ago they said disease would be a thing of the past.

Zing x4!

50 years ago they said humans will have colonized Mars.

Zing x5!

50 years ago......bah you get the message.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
The future? Well, tomorrow night is Halloween, so I imagine people dressed up as various things, and lots of candy.

·
You're already dead...
5,472 Posts
well they said in a the year 200x Dr. Light would have built Megaman to help save the world.

And its got to be true!
Megaman is out saving us somewhere :D

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Well... What will the future be like ? ARMAGEDDON. Why ?? Birds are having to alter migration patters because of global warming. Polar bears are a day closer to extinction and so on.... Armageddon will be a worldwide nuclear destruction of mankind.

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
Well... What will the future be like ? ARMAGEDDON. Why ?? Birds are having to alter migration patters because of global warming. Polar bears are a day closer to extinction and so on.... Armageddon will be a worldwide nuclear destruction of mankind.
Wait... what does global warming have to do with nuclear destruction?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
From my understanding.. Uranium enrichment also produces 88% of the CFC (Chlorofluorocarbons) gases emitted from the U.S., a potent global warming gas and a significant ozone depleter in the upper atmosphere. The production and release of CFCs (Chlorofluorocarbons) has been internationally banned in the Montreal Protocol, but the U.S. nuclear industry openly flouts this international treaty. So nuclear power causes global warming, ozone depletion, epidemics of malignancy and the destruction of the delicate process of evolution.

·
Registered
146 Posts
after disaster here & there, the earth will just plain desert full of dust :D

·
Registered SuperKyo
3,000 Posts
Man Utd will we the English premier league, and Liverpool wouldn't..... F U too Torres.
Yea, go that way! Man Utd ftw, my home team :D

Wait you didn't know that penguins are testing long ranged missiles?
And didn't you know that gremlins are preparing for Third World War?

·
Ya'ver drink Brazilian bold from fkn dunkn donuts!
7,828 Posts
I forsee agricultural challenges, not just from 'global warming' but from the dying out of bees which is currently happening, thanks to disease. Without bees to fertalize agricultural crops, little to no crops which means no food which means bad times.

Apart from that, faster cars, better electric cars and better medicines.

·
Registered
10,692 Posts
I think the US will pass the Health Care bill and bankrupt itself within a generation, and the world economy will take a severe hit.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.