Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm trying to keep it less than $120 and preferably would like a GeForce 2, but there are too many types of geforce 2s so I dont know what too choose :( It doesn't have to be a geforce 2 though... just anything that's good

I'm making a new PC so far I have 40gb HDD, 256 ram, 1ghz procesor, an ok motherboard and case, cdwriter and floppy disk, and an ok sound card all those parts cost me like $350 in all :)

I just want a normal system, not 1024 ram, geforce 3, 180GB HDD, 2ghz :rolleyes:

I'm probably going to use it just for PSX and N64 emulators. SO what videocard do you recommend?

S

·
0 Posts
You might want to give serious consideration to the GEForce 2 GTS
card. That is the card that I am using. I got mine last year when the GTS first came out and it was rather pricy. But now the price has dropped what with the GEForce 3, Radeon, and Voodoo 5 cards that have come out. I think it gives excellent performance and value for the money and it does FSAA as well. Hope this helps.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
189 Posts
yeaaa the gforce 2 gts its the best card for 120$

i buy a gforce 2 ultra to weaks ago for 190$ if you spend a little more maybe you can get the gforce 2 pro.

·
I'm cool.
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How would I overclock the geforce 2 pro? Is it easy to do, what do I need to do such a thing? And wouldn't it ruin it eventually... I've heard some bad things about overclocking procesors, not sure what the consequences are for doing so with video cards...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts