Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want to play some old PS2 games i have but the version of PCSX2 doesnt seem to work no matter the settings people say to put them on, so what version and settings should i use for my computer, specs are:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Acer
Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2060 @1.60 GHz
Ram: 2.50 (1.99 Usable)
System Type: 32-bit Operating System
Open GL Version: 1.4
Deriver Version: 8.15.10.1930
Direct X Version: DirectX 9
Shader Version: vs_3_0,ps_2_0(SW)

Renderer: Intel 945GM
Adapter Ram: 256MB

If anyone needs anymore information just tell me how to find it, and i will get it. i also currently am using the most recent version of PCSX2, and the games i wanna play are the 3 Spyros (new beginning, eternal knight and Dawn of the Dragon), the DBZ games, probably both Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and the Ape Escape games on the PS2, as im already almost done with Ape Escape on the PS1. any help is much appreciated. What i am getting is a slow video and lag, a bit of choppy sound and pixelation issues with the video.

·
315 Posts
System Requirements

Minimum
OS: Windows Vista SP2 or newer or GNU/Linux (32-bit or 64-bit)
CPU: Any that supports SSE2 (Pentium 4 and up, Athlon64 and up)
GPU: DirectX 10 GPU or better
RAM: 2GB or more

Recommended
CPU: Intel Haswell (or AMD equivalent) @ 3.2GHz or better
GPU: DirectX 11 GPU or greater
RAM: 4GB or more

Your CPU is very weak, the odd RAM numbers suggest your on single-channel instead of dual-channel.
Your "GPU" is the worst part, it's called iGPU/IGP/framebuffer. It's shared with your RAM and is slower compared to real GPUs. In addition it uses CPU emulation to make complex operations on "GPU" (software mode).

You need proper hardware.

P.S: Even complying with the recommended specifications, it does not guarantee a good experience. The correct emulation in PCSX2 is very expensive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, so is their a version of pcsx2 that would better fit my specs, i mean Spyro ANB runs about 30-60 fps which is honestly more than i expected but still painfully slow. Ill see about a new system soon though bc yeah it hurts how slow my machine is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts