Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I guess most of you guys figured it out meanwhile that this feature exists. While it, currently, isn't really of that much use (the original plan was to have a feature which shows new people how skilled the old answers have been rated ... but this doesn't seem to work out here), it'll be re-done now, and soon be sort of a point system.

So what's this about ? Every member will get the possibility to get points. This will be done by even merging more parts of the page with this board (it's mostly done already, along with some other real cool stuff). For example you'll get points for submitting compatibility reports, for posting screenshots, for helping out people, for submitting news, and, and, and - and this will lead to the so called 'Special members' or 'VIP' status on this board, which will come along with some cool benifits ...

More will be announced soon, I just thought I'd share my first ideas to get some feedback and input what you think about it.

Thanks for listening,

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
Originally posted by Bgnome
heh..VIPs. thatll be fun :evil:
so how will we be able to tell a VIP from a normal member? pink stars maybe? :D
What about custom stars??? You can make nice drawings :p

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by Felipe

What about custom stars??? You can make nice drawings :p
i dont think that there's an easy way to do that. the star thing is a hack, and its not as well integrated as something like the avatar thing is. as far as i know, one of the admins hasta change a bunch of settings by hand..

Attachments

·
Key To The Universe
2,712 Posts
Cool! I can't wait for the new features!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Nice!

Looks like things could get very intersting around here (as if they weren't already)!

By the way, Bgnome: where did you get your new avatar. Isn't that picture from an old cartoon?

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
I get points for posting screenshots?

....i hope my old ones get counted. :p

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
Btw... how does the actual rating system works? I still don't understand the colored/green bar on ppl's profiles! ;p

S

·
0 Posts
Sounds okay by me, Bobbi. But I, too, do not understand the different colors. For instance, yours and mine are solid green, where as, others go from red to yellow and then to green. Could you enlighten me as to what, exactally, this means? Thanks for any info.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
r|bb|t
531 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
For instance, yours and mine are solid green, where as, others go from red to yellow and then to green.
That's exactly what I don't understand! ;)
But your explanation was so much better than mine! :p

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I'll give your question a shot.
Red=good
yellow=above average
green=average
blue=bad

I think the more red you have the more people like you. Or at least that's the way it's supposed to work(I think). However I don't think people are really rating people by how much they like them. I gave a couple of ratings just to see how it worked and I ended up just trying every rating until I made there color bar look cool. Heheh.
Basically I don't think the rating system works, but the point system sounds kinda interesting. As long as its used as a means to reward those users who are most helpful on the board I'm all for it, but it shouldn't turn into a competition.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts