Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is with all these malware removal sites and all their tricky tools and ****?

seriously, if you can't remove a file coz its locked OPEN UP ITS SECURITY PERMISSIONS AND DENY IT ACCESS FOR ALL USER ACCOUNTS >.<

This especially works on trojans that modify reg keys and inject themselves into every process.

It won't be able to load on the next reboot and you will be able to remove whatever registry keys it changed, then change the permissions on the file to allow you to delete it.

>.< malware sites are so bloody tricky for no god damn reason.

bastards.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
doesn't help when some people install bad apps thinking they are good apps

MS Antispyware 2009, or spyware guard 2009 >.> trojan packed pos.

·
Premium Member
18,905 Posts
Scarewares and rogue apps are a reality. Common sense should suffice to avoid such infections, but if it existed, people would more frequently at the very least use (good) antiviruses with some antimalware protection, instead of deluding themselves into thinking 'they dont need them'.

·
...and now they do.
21,673 Posts
Well there's the average joe user, which isnt in to software and stuff and strangely doesnt even think of hitting google on the mater first.
The average joe probably doesn't have much need for questionable apps either...

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
No, but when he strays to a shady site and sees "Spyware Guard 2009: Free premium life-long protection from all kinds of threads" on a big fat banner he's gonna go all o_0 and get it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
What is with all these malware removal sites and all their tricky tools and ****?

seriously, if you can't remove a file coz its locked OPEN UP ITS SECURITY PERMISSIONS AND DENY IT ACCESS FOR ALL USER ACCOUNTS >.<

This especially works on trojans that modify reg keys and inject themselves into every process.

It won't be able to load on the next reboot and you will be able to remove whatever registry keys it changed, then change the permissions on the file to allow you to delete it.

>.< malware sites are so bloody tricky for no god damn reason.

bastards.
YES BASTARDS!!!I AGREE!!!:mad:
I just never understood why do people even make viruses lol...what's their point???
Ohh wait a minute I know...They know ONLY how to detroy...,they don't know how to create something:rolleyes:

Ahh....those damn Trojan's people xD xD xD

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts

Well I got some of this Errorsafe trojan on my PC, simply through a combination of an outdated version of Java and the unlucky browsing to a site that fed this trojan through adds.

This was probably the worst piece of malware I've ever had on my pc, and despite being a rather knowledgeable person, I had a hard time getting rid of it. It was quicker doing a fresh windows installation. And this is also why it is so important for people to stay up to date with their windows updates, and all software updates. You know there's exploits that will be used this way.

My GF's mother has this sweet laptop, but for some reason IE7 doesn't want to install, it always fails despite having a legit copy. Being a Hungarian copy, I can't be of much help either nor do I feel like it. She can't be arsed to take it to her university's IT department, so I simply refuse to take responsibility if **** happens, which can, and will happen. IE6 + refusing to use a different browser -_-

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.