Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A freind of mine says she wants to buy a new gaming system(presently she only has a game boy). She says that she doesn't like most new games because 3d effects make her feel motion sick. Can anyone give a suggestion as to what system she should buy, and a list of the non-3d games that system has?:( :eyes: :confused:

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
A GBA is a nice idea indeed. I'd also suggest a Wonderswan, but never mind (for obvious reasons).

other systems could be a good ol' snes or genesis. :p

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori
A GBA is a nice idea indeed. I'd also suggest a Wonderswan, but never mind (for obvious reasons).

other systems could be a good ol' snes or genesis. :p
I'd second the SNES. Can you say "Final Fantasy VI?"

·
Lost in Time
2,289 Posts
Originally posted by DougDflute
A freind of mine says she wants to buy a new gaming system(presently she only has a game boy). She says that she doesn't like most new games because 3d effects make her feel motion sick. Can anyone give a suggestion as to what system she should buy, and a list of the non-3d games that system has?:( :eyes: :confused:
I had a teacher that felt motion sick even when he was watching AVS visualisation plugin in Winamp, but he used drugs when younger.
Anyway, all new systems have their majority of games in 3d, so it's not recomended to get them. If I were her, a GBA would be nice as the major part of their games (if not all) doesn't have 3d effects that can affect her. (well, fzero can ;) )

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Wow, we lost a lot of posts from the old forum. Sigh. Anyway, I'll second the GBA. It's the only one with any decent selection of 2D games.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
I go to the GBA is a great portable machine :)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Ask her to buy a pc if she doesnt already have one.On this she can play everything else except those new or yet unemulated game systems games.(ps2 ,dc,game cube,x box);)
Otherwise a gba or good old snes will be just fine.:)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm sorry. I didn't clarify. She has both a gameboy and a GBA. She also has a PC that she plays several games on, but she still wants another system. I think she want to have a new system because she wants to put it on her big screen TV. I really don't know for sure. So SNES or Genesis. Any other suggestions? And nobody gave me a list of games. I not asking for a thourough list, just whatever you can think of off the top of your head so I can give her a basic idea. I'll even start a list for SNES.

Mario:Yoshi's Island
Mario Allstars
Kirby Allstar

What else?
P.S. I can tell its been a while since I played SNES. I can't think of many games! :p

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Then have her get the SNES. It has, imho, significantly better games than the Genesis. For example, Final Fantasy 6, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, Legend of Zelda III: A Link to the Past, Chrono Trigger, Soulblazer, Illusion of Gaia, Genghis Khan II (the SNES version is better than the Genesis one), Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV (my favorite version of that game), Mega Man X, etc.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Re: Re: What System?

Originally posted by Fou-lu

I had a teacher that felt motion sick even when he was watching AVS visualisation plugin in Winamp, but he used drugs when younger.
Anyway, all new systems have their majority of games in 3d, so it's not recomended to get them. If I were her, a GBA would be nice as the major part of their games (if not all) doesn't have 3d effects that can affect her. (well, fzero can ;) )
As I say, some twisted minds out there (as if were not one of them...)!!

Anyway... GBA or SNES, but between both, GBA is the best choice, by far. Indeed, it has a good selection of 2D games, is pocket-sized and has some awesome 32-bit capabilities. In any event, if she ever gets to be *normal* ( :D ), the console can also run some 3D-like stuff, as Mario Kart! Come to think of it, NIntendo really did it this time! ;)

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Death Metal: Since she already HAS a GBA, a GBA is no longer an option.
By the time I was writing it, he answered that she in fact has a GBA. :( I feel crushed...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Death Metal

By the time I was writing it, he answered that she in fact has a GBA. :( I feel crushed...
Don't go to pieces on me now. I'd hate to think that my thread ruined your life.:p

Anyway, thanks for your help everyone. I will relay your suggestions. :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts