Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just beat Final Fantasy IX with no crashing whatsoever! Woohoo! =)
Now I just have to worry about Chrono Cross, which used to work fine with Null's SPU 1.24 (I think) but now it doesn't seem to...
The game freezes up on the second FMV
This is when you are teleported to Another World I believe.
Along with that, the wrong sounds seem to play ingame (fields only, doesn't appear to happen in battles)
An example, at the door right before the FMV where Serge is standing over a wounded Kid (In the intro area) the sound is supposed to be a Heartbeat, instead I get some kind of metallic clanging noise.

I am currently using Null's SPU 1.24 with the following setup.
Enable Sound-ON
Enable CDDA Sound-ON
Enable XA sound-OFF
Enable XA read-OFF
Enable SPU IRQ hack-OFF
44100hz, 16 Bit
Buffer Length-40
block-5
Interval-8ms
Use Reverb-ON
Reverse L/R-ON (Output is reversed otherwise...)
Force VAG 48khz-ON
Mute XA/VAG stream-OFF
Enable VAG stream-ON
linear interpolation-OFF

I'm pretty sure the GPU isn't causing issues, as at some point I was able to play CC without sound glitches.
I've tweaked my SPU since then for better FMV playback in FFIX, I think it was around this time problems began.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
I'm using the internal SPU and it sounds good to me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Internal SPU causes problems for me...

Unfortunately for me, using the internal SPU causes notes from a song to hang and keep playing even though they shouldn't be. I think this also happened with music in FFIX when using the internal plugin...

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
When that happens,just push start(pause the game).

·
Registered
40 Posts
You can try Pete's newest driver.....the FMV's work well in it....but it has other issues mainly Soundeffects like walking. But the Core sound doesn't play the walking sounds correctly either. Pete's Plug in is brand new, I'm sure it will be improved. But given a choice...I guess I would just use the Core. It only hangs notes on certain songs. And you just have to pause the game and unpause it. Kinda annoying when your in the menu, though.

Also, If your using Pete's OpenGL 1.5 driver. Put Frambuffer on 0(the Vram emulator) Check Special Features, turn off everything in Special gamel Features, except the Framebuffer read. Now when you pause the game, it doesn't go to black...also the black frames in battle will stop happening. And there isn't any performance hit, well on my 1.2 Athlon, anyway.

2,209 Posts
You migt need to swich down to version 1.0.1. It's more stable that 1.2.0. I've heard 1.2.0. has some of problems with squaresoft games.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
i agree with carnage...i use 1.0.1 almost all the time for stability.i haven't try iori spu yet, it is good?

B

·
0 Posts
where can i get 1.0.1 at?

right now i got 1.2.0 but i cant get ff7 or wildarms 2 working maybe if i had 1.0.1 it would work so could someone give me a link to it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts