Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there iam playing LoD with ePsxe 1.40 using Pete's 1.54 OGL Driver what works fine good gfx no glitches but the SPU...

I tryed Lori's,Andys,Petes,and the Eternal SPU but they all sound disorted and XA Playing like in the battles is choppy and dont starts all the time it also sounds somewhat different than vgs (with it the sound and music is good but bad gfx....) its like reverb is on or stuff is downsampled....

Ill checked also the effects of my sb live but theyre off also the ones in the SPU menu...... i tryed different spu configs anyway but it doesnt helped......

Phew i hope you can help me ;)

System:

Amd Athlon 700 Mhz
Geforce 2 MX (hercules)
Sb Live
128 MB Ram
Win ME

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
hmmmm

This is quite odd...Eternal SPU should do the trick with XA buffer set to "auto"...Hmm...
The only good advice we can give since your sound card is different..is to set your GPU plugin to a windowed mode and enable Eternal's config window...Play with the settings using SPU IRQ / Reverb / buffer settings / etc till something sounds legit...
Could be time consuming..but well worth it if you get the settings perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tryed something but.....

It seems it that "Legend of Dragoon" uses in game apdcm Audio for Music playback and not XA Audio as i thought but neverless it seems the current SPU//Epsxe Version cant emulate it correct other games work well with Eternal 1.0 or Andys 0.16
for now only VGS gives fully compatible Audio//Gfx but its an Software render only ;-)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts