Next Generation Emulation banner

What sports do u prefer?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered MSX user
1,671 Posts
Many kind of. Baseball is not my favourite sports.

· -PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
Kaiser Sigma said:
Heh, I've never understood why people call rugby football... soccer (what we know as football) is more deserving of football considering the rules of the game...
I think that even Rugby and American Football are different and when you go down under, you get another one called "Footy" !?

· Registered
82 Posts
The reason Rugby is called Rugby Football is because it originated from the real football. I'm getting very upset at people saying that Rugby and American Football are the same. They are ridiculously different!!! American football is for pussies, I'd like to see any pro American football player try to play one game of rugby.

· ~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,471 Posts
Well, I won't lie, I never payed any of the 2 sports much attention... they looked the same to me, at least to the little knowledge I have about them; player on the back throws the ballon, players run after it, players start jumping on each other... ;)

· -PM to advertise here-
8,320 Posts
Tori-Yama said:
Although its one of the sports with the highest rule count IIRC.
I think Hockey is the one with the highest rule count...

· Linux's worst nightmare..
1,669 Posts
sorry in advance for reviving this thread but my favorite sport is tennis :agree:

· Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Kaiser, you weren't accurate on this one. It's imposible to compare both because of a guy in the back throwing the ballon, because rugby's rules prohibit advancing the ball even an inch throwing it with your hand. In fact, that's the great difference. In american football, the game is based on passing the ball (hence the importance of quarterbacks), while in rugby you have to carry the ball, or kick it straight with your foot, and try to get it again yourself; any pass you make have to go back, or in the same line as you are. Then you don't have melee in american football, etc. There's many differences.

Anyways, both are crappy sports, soccer is the real deal :) . Although basketball is pretty enjoyable, too.

· Registered
504 Posts
tho this topic was dead (Last post was May 4?), seens how it was on ngemu's main page, I'll reply cause I wanna...

My faviort sport to play with any sort of "official team" is sprite line, I'm a male cheerleader. My faviort sport to play spur of the moment is football, or a basket ball football combo if I'm inside and we have to play basket ball.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts