Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.Could someone pls give me the plugin specs and plugin settings I need to run the following games using 1964 0.99 on my laptop?

Resident Evil 2
Star wars:Rogue Squadron

My laptop specs;
128MB(dedicated) ATI Radeon Xpress 200M
1GB RAM
100GB HDD
AMD Turion 64 1.8GHz

Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i dont think SW:RS is playable with any N64 emulators. i could be wrong though.

as for RE2, i think you'll be ok. just make sure your laptop is plugged in and/or all the powersaving features are turned off.

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
it's been a long time since i emulated N64 (and never RE2), but...my best advice isjust to try a lot of stuff and see what works.

get the first few plugins from here and see how it goes. N64 emulation is not as clear as PSX emulation, where Pete is almost always the clear winner...some plugins work better for some games.

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
These are my specs:

Windows 98 se
600MHZ
ATI radeon 700064MB
512 Megs of ram
20GB

This is how i play my n64 games at full speed and they run fine. I change the video settings to: for middle end video cards, directx.

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dunno for some reason,my rice plugins don't work...
When I wanna change plugins,I have the following error;

Unable to read IniFile from Disk

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
what? seems like 8 people downloaded the file. I also just finish downloading it. All you do is click and wait, or click on download.

·
No preservatives™
965 Posts
Ok....I'll try it again and let you know how it goes.Thanks.
Don't bother. You'll be downloading plugins you have already (those that come with 1964 v0.9.9), and Rice's plugin has been updated numerous times since 5.2.0.

Rogue Squadron is unsupported; no one has figured it out yet.
Resident Evil 2 has severe problems, regardless the setup/settings.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Don't bother. You'll be downloading plugins you have already (those that come with 1964 v0.9.9), and Rice's plugin has been updated numerous times since 5.2.0.

Rogue Squadron is unsupported; no one has figured it out yet.
Resident Evil 2 has severe problems, regardless the setup/settings.
weren't both games were released on pc? no problem then :)

·
" U2K Tha Greate$t "
214 Posts
Well its always nice to try. lol

Anyway, rogue squardron did come out on the pc, but after playing the impossible n64 version, why bother. The game is hard as hell in the later levels, like super hard, i gave up and put the game in the trash.

Resident evil is on n64, pc and dreamcast, and psone. I'm not a fan of that game, but you should be able to find the dc version or pc version without any trouble.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts