Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have too much time on my hands and i would like to try my hand at some coding. I have some sources off Petes site but what software is needed (Visual Basic, Visual C++) anyone know?

Thanks

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you're speaking of his SoftGPU, you'd need a compiler that supports C++ (as you mentioned M$' Visual Studio/Visual C++ would fit the bill). I'd imagine that you could use another compiler to create the object code, though I haven't any idea what particular libraries you'd need to link in.

Followup:
Upon closer inspection he uses Microsoft-style precompiler directives, so without some modification you'd need an M$ compiler

·
Registered
356 Posts
ummm... just curious, will the Borland 4.5 do the trick?
I have programmed(?) little but only "games" that is done
with ASCII (like nethack) could someone tell me how to
get started... www-pages... some tutorials that works
with borland... ???...

·
Registered
513 Posts
>... just curious, will the Borland 4.5 do the trick?
It may, but you'd most likely have to remove the precompiler statements first, given that they're geared toward Visual C(++). In addition, I didn't bother to keep track of the libraries that Pete uses, so I'm unsure if any of those he uses are central to VC or not. I'd imagine that, given its DirectX nature, his D3D plug-ins need the DX libs, but I'm fairly certain you can get those in the DX SDK. Of course, I could be mistaken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts