Next Generation Emulation banner

What kind of rodent do you hold in your hand?

• Natural

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Castrated w/ tail

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Castrated w/o tail

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Castrated w/ laser eyes w/ tail

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Castrated w/ laser eyes w/o tail

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Mutant freak with big balls

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't remember last time we had a thread about mice, but I'm rather interested in what you guys hold in your hand, except for Kirby. :p

I recently purchased a Logitech MX620, wireless laser mouse with the famed MicroGear (r) technique. I love it, especially with the frictionless scrolling, great for huge websites, or when you have 40 posts a page. However, there's one drawback. I hate having my mouse not respond because of the batteries. It seems that in certain games it is rather hard to keep up a good responsiveness, especially Left 4 Dead. I'm using two 2300mA AA batteries (Hama brand), which I know to be good since I can be filming a complete metal festival with two of these, yet my mouse seems to drain them rather well.

Do you guys have any suggestions for batteries? I'd rather stick with rechargables, since the others would cost so much eventually that I'd be better off getting a wired mouse for gaming next to it.

·
Curiously Cheddar
2,077 Posts
Logitech Mx310 here... And I love it to bits.

·
Banned
200 Posts
This is my Bedroom PC mouse

This is my New Build mouse (Still building it/deciding on which specs/parts)

I voted castrated with tail because my new build could be a while longer till completely built

Using the Optical still, don't feel like switching till I get my new build up :) (It will stay boxed)

Also about the batteries, Energizer makes a 15 minute battery charger that comes with 4 AA batteries that can recharge any kind of NiMH battery, there's ones that have a fan built in so they keep your batteries from overheating or leaking battery acid though you will have to use the brand specific batteries ie. if it's a Duracell charger Duracell Batteries, Engergizer charger Energizer batteries, High Speed Chargers do shorten battery life but not signifigantly, though I'd highly recommend getting a charger with a fan and be aware that the batteries get extremely hot without one so let them cool if it's a fanless charger, Also the mAh should be the same at 2200 by default, 2600 mAh at max

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Some crappy ass dell wired mouse i got of an old computer got sick of recharging and changing the batteries off my old wireless logitech mouse.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Normal mouse, I keep a supply of old Microsoft Mice and a couple 3rd party mice handy in case of mouse wear out. Occasionally I purchase a trackball, but they only seem to survive 2 years of MAME use before dying on me, all of a sudden I play Centipede and Millipede like they're the latest games.

·
Registered
7,330 Posts
MX518 here, have had it for about 2 years and still couldn't see replacing it. :)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
I love my Cyber Snipa Stinger. It's big, it's smooth, it's comfortable, it's all I could want for half the price of a Logitech G5.

View attachment 201001

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Is that a Razer Kretenoid? If so, I'd like to hear your opinion on it, it seems rather small to me to be honest.

·
Grind Core
96 Posts
It is Razer indeed , lachesis 4 000 DPI - well it is definitely not small , nor a giant (a la Logitech) , heck I own it more than a month and I'm not fully adjusted to it's size :) . It is a killer piece of hardware - and dont get tricked if you have seen user reviews from newegg about it - the laser skipping problem is fixed by the latest firmware update (flashing my mouse - never believed I could say that :) ) . The first time i used it i managed to place two consecutive rockets at the exact same spot while strafing between shots in Unreal Tournament 3

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Primary System

It's pretty small/narrow (meant for notebooks probably, or maybe girls), but it's really comfortable (the sides are a soft rubber), even though I kind of have larger hands. Those of you with huge mice who rest your entire hand on it would find it impossible to do with this one without discomfort, but I don't rest my whole hand on the mouse. I wanted something "simple yet elegant", as they say, since I specifically prefer mice with just two buttons and a wheel (and prefer corded mice), so this became my choice, and I wasn't disappointed in it. The clicking is pretty loud comparing to the second, but I've gotten used to it.

Secondary System

This actually replaced the same mouse when the first started getting old and worn. The first was Blue instead of Black, though.

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
another Razer Lachesis here

I do love this thing....a few problems with assigning macros, but hopefully that will get fixed soon

1 - 20 of 22 Posts