Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay! this is a topic which would illustrate that what qualities we want in the upcoming Emulators.........whether it is epsxe,adripsx or FPSE..............!

Okay one thing that I noticed today on our psx emus is that the Textures in the games move too much.........they must get stable.I think this problem is more concerned with plugin then emus.

Then in our future emus we need more speed.......likr epsxe
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have noticed that epsxe gives awsome speed but not with all games.....so there is more work on speed needed on epsxe.While adripsx and Fpse need some heavy improvement.

We need more Compatability
-----------------------------------------
This is the desire of all emu Freaks like me.

Dual Shocks
------------------
We need dual shocks .........!they are already available in epsxe.....!so not a big problem

Net Play
-------------
Net play is currently not available in any emu.We need Netplay but of such a type which requires minimum about of data transfer for fast game play.............!

Support for slower systems
---------------------------------------
The minimun requirements for emus must decrease..They must be adequate enough to play at good speed even with slower systems.

Better Sound
--------------------
Sound in current emus is just fine.Need some improvement

Okay these are a few things which a good emu would have

Ali
M.L.A

S

·
0 Posts
Those are very good suggestions, but I think that you are a little late here. All of these issues are known and are being worked on, even as I write this reply. Why don't we have them yet, you may ask. The answer is because these thing take time and the authors want to try to give us the best emu possible. Pluss they have private lives, jobs, families, etc. So they can't work on these things all at once. They do it when they have time and, I believe, in order of most importance. So we must be patient and wait. In the end it WILL be worth it, trust me.:D
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Helps or hurts depending on how it is said and what is said.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Emu author
1,488 Posts
"Support for slower machines" isn't a feature that they just sit down and add. Optimization is very challenging and there's only so much they can do. There are always going to be people complaining that their ancient machine won't run modern software, but building a new system has gotten pretty cheap (for that matter, PSX's have gotten really cheap... face it, PSX emulation is meant for people with at least decent computers).. it'll probably get faster, but they've already put a LOT of time and effort into making their emus very fast, with some techniques that weren't even common a few years ago (like dynamic recompilation)... sure, ePSXe could attempt to adopt static recompilation and kernel/BIOS HLE but not only is it extremely difficult but it could easily destroy compatability, which is more of their primary concern.

- Exo

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh atlast I repaid the internet...........I was out of it....that is why I didn't came ti this site for two days...........Oh yes

Well I don't mean to offened anyone........I just wanted to discuss that what qualities the new emus should have....simple........!

I am not ordering them to do what I said......just a common discussion.Emus authors are busy,busy and busy in their daily life.....that's good..........!But whn they get time they should work on the functions that we requested.......If they don't want to then it's okay............!

I am getting good speed from epsxe......and I am happy with it......it would rather do good if there is a bit more.......

Ali
M.L.A

·
Registered
230 Posts
good suggestions liaqatali...

Anyways, its also hard to write optimized code and keep it legable... such as re-using memory varibles to cut on dynamic creation and what not... i found that out the hard way in my CS 252 class when writing a C++ compiler... You can allways optimize more, but the chance of messing things up really increases...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts