Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to Run dolphin at Full Speed.
would a 3GHZ Dual Core possessor give a Full speed or a 4.5GHZ Dual Core processor and what Processor should I buy? Cheap or expensive with the Mentioned GHZ?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Touche.

Masta you dont do that.

Heres the direction for changing sockets.

The E8400 is socket 775.

The Phenom is Socket 940.

Simply take out 165 pins from the AMD socket and VIOLA!

it will work

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts
that e8400 processor has sockel 775! currently i have a amd phenom x3 8450 (sockel am2+) can i just put in the e8400 even if it has a different sockel?
you'd be better off buying a Phenom II X2 550 or 720, 550 is comparable to E8400 in some cases and 720 is better in gaming unless you OC the E8400 through the roof (which it can)
emulator-wise, my [email protected] can play most ps2 games full speed.... so it's not that bad

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts
Not without good cooling.... but yeah you can, but i'm not really into super high OC
I even undervolt my 720, and it still manage to reach 3.2GHz stable, with crappy cooler to boot!
man, i just love this CPU, totally worth the upgrade IMO

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Not without good cooling.... but yeah you can, but i'm not really into super high OC
I even undervolt my 720, and it still manage to reach 3.2GHz stable, with crappy cooler to boot!
man, i just love this CPU, totally worth the upgrade IMO
Well maybe not on stock, but with air cooling it surpasses 4 Ghz

PS: that must be a really crappy cooler no offense but my AMD Athlon X2 5000+ is on stock cooling and its overclocked at 3Ghz.

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts
Yah, crappy but enough, most 720 i saw on the net only managed to 3.8~ on air cooling. I can get to 3.4 or 3.6 if I upped the voltage but the temp got a bit high and I prefer low voltage with good enough clock ;)
You should consider upgrading to Phenom II, i too was on 5000 3GHz and still notice the difference in emu gaming and everyday desktop task with 720, even on stock! :thumb:

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
First i need a new mobo, which i hope that my order will arrive eventually (been waiting for it for 3-4 weeks now...) , then maybe in a few months i'll see about a CPU to when i have some spare money again.

Edit: my bad your right 3.7~3.8 is the stable speed for the 720 on air.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.