Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have King of Fighters 2000/2003, Tekken Tag/4, Marvel Vs Capcom, Virtual Fighter 4 Evolution, Corvette, Gran Turismo 3, Ridge Racer 5, Some pinball game with Gottlieb tables, Maximo, and I'm considering the Jaxter and Dax games, Street Fighter Anniversery, Final Fantasy X, Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, Metal Slug 4/5, etc...

I'm usually "into" arcade games, racing games, platformers, shooters, and fighting games, so I'm curious as to what I might be missing that I'd enjoy...

I have Grand Theft Auto 3/Vice City for the PC, and both Need for Speed Underground 1/2 for the Gamecube as well as both Midway Arcade Treasures, Tony Hawk Underground 1/2, so I don't need them either...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Yeah, you miss "Zone of the Enders 2". It is an old action game for PS2 but the graphics, the gameplay and the story are the best compare other action games nowdays.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Yeah try ZOE2 for sure, also Front Mission 4, Twisted Metal Black, Katamari Damacy(dunno if its that old).

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
*Auto Modellista; cel shaded arcade racer from Capcom (also available for the Cube, by the way)

*Gradius 3/4

*Gradius V

*R-Type Final

*Rez (also on Dreamcast)

·
Interplay sucks!
1,219 Posts
* ICO (I beat it in 4 hours mind you, but what a game)
* Jak and Daxter series (not Jaxter and Dax :D definitely worth it, should be on top of your platforming list)
* Wipeout Fusion
* Guilty Gear X
* Beyond Good And Evil (also for GC)
* God of War (I know it's new, but it's a great game)

Other than God of War I think the other titles I mention can be found for under $20

@ Samor: I'm considering 3 shooters for the PS2: Silpheed, R-Type Final and Gradius V, what would you choose if you can only buy one? (Sorry for the OOT)

·
No preservatives™
965 Posts
didamangi said:
I'm considering 3 shooters for the PS2: Silpheed, R-Type Final and Gradius V, what would you choose if you can only buy one? (Sorry for the OOT)
Gradius V, without question. They're all fairly inexpensive (combined, about the cost of one new game), so try to buy them all, and look for Castle Shikigami 2 while you're at it. :)

·
Clumsy And Stupid
90 Posts
i'd say katamari damacy........it's so addictive

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
hum.. I didnt see Soul Calibur 2 on your list, Ace Combat 4 Shattered Skies is a great game. How come you guys forgot about Prince of Persia: Sands of Time & Warrior Within :p

·
Foundry/Foundation
11,720 Posts
didamangi said:
* ICO (I beat it in 4 hours mind you, but what a game)
* Jak and Daxter series (not Jaxter and Dax :D definitely worth it, should be on top of your platforming list)
* Wipeout Fusion
* Guilty Gear X
* Beyond Good And Evil (also for GC)
* God of War (I know it's new, but it's a great game)

Other than God of War I think the other titles I mention can be found for under $20

@ Samor: I'm considering 3 shooters for the PS2: Silpheed, R-Type Final and Gradius V, what would you choose if you can only buy one? (Sorry for the OOT)
Gradius V :)

·
Back to regular business
3,258 Posts
- Silent Hill 2
- MGS2
- ICO is really addictive (and intense)
- Dead or Alive 2
- Chaos Legion (maybe)

·
KO'ed User
935 Posts
If you got Marvel vs Capcom, why not Capcom vs SNK 2? Also on GC.

If you say your into more arcade games, Virtua Cop: Elite Edition. (Defently old, still on a compat disc) G-con2 recommened.

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
Get the rest of KOF games on PS2. Get soul calibur 2. Ofcourse get Mslug3 the best Mslug in my opinion.
There are upcoming SNK games ports coming for PS2, the games are old but also the ports are new ^^ . Ports coming as far as I remember : Garou, Real bout series pack, Last blade series pack, KOF neowave, KOF 2 packs.

Also get KOF maximum impact and KOF 94 rebout.
Sorry some of what I've told you isn't so old.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
Silent Hill 2 & 3. I find these games way too good.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
street fighter 3rd strike for ps2

what do you guys think of the saint seiya version for ps2
it is one of my favorite animes but i've heard that it is not really good
don't know but i don't like the bandai games

·
Registered
10,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Norbi said:
If you got Marvel vs Capcom, why not Capcom vs SNK 2? Also on GC.

If you say your into more arcade games, Virtua Cop: Elite Edition. (Defently old, still on a compat disc) G-con2 recommened.
I have Capcom vs SNK 2 and Soul Calibur 2 for the Gamecube, Dead or Alive 2 Hardcore for the Playstation 2, and am considering Silent Hill 2, sorry I missed the titles I own...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts