Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys after I have seen so GREAT things in Windows 7,I must admit that Microsoft did one hell of a job!It is written that they work faster then XP and especially Vista.I have seen the images from Windows 7 and I must admit that they rock!!!Paint and wordpad are totally different,considering that the wordpad looks the same starting from Windows 95 all until Windows Vista.So now after so many new events at Windows 7,I don't know what's my favorite operating system anymore.I suppose it's still Windows 98 Second Edition,but now after I have seen Windows 7,I don't know anymore.What's your operating system?:D

The thing I don't like in this new operating systems is that they don't have the flash tour like XP does.Ok Windows 95 also has a tour,only it's the video file not the flash.XP has 2 great musics.Welcome music and Tour music.For the difference of ALL other OS which do NOT have any musics.Does anyone maybe know will Windows 7 have some cool music tour or something like that?It would be so nice to have a fresh tour music in such a great operating system.:)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
DOS7
Windows 95c
Windows 98 SE
Windows XP

Windows 7

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there a Microsoft OS that you like the most of these you mentioned here?I like them few too,but you can say only one which you like the most.I like the most Windows 98 SE.Your is I suppose Windows 7??

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Is there a Microsoft OS that you like the most of these you mentioned here?I like them few too,but you can say only one which you like the most.I like the most Windows 98 SE.Your is I suppose Windows 7??

Theres no way to choose from them.

·
Mhm.
2,134 Posts
Well for current hardware and stuff, dual booting xp and vista. Where i do like xp for all around gaming stuff, i like the vista glass and things, so i use it for movies and music.

And i have gone with the xp transformation packs but it always has a bug somehow(i know vista has waqy more :p)

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
Welcome back S.T.A.R.S. !!! Long time no see.

I had fond memories of Windows 95 as well, but my well i personally like XP the best. In the future once support for XP ends my favorite OS will probably be Linux due to the fact Microsoft OS's are becoming increasingly invasive on privacy.

Who here has tried Microsoft Bob?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wounder will anyone say that his favorite OS is Windows Millennium Edition xD...or should I say Mistake Edition:D
Anyway the reason why Windows 98 SE is my favorite OS is because I never had any problems on it and I have teached many things on it when I was little.I also played about 65% of the Half-Life 2 game on it and it worked perfect:)If you ask me I would go back to Windows 98 SE,but my laptop hardware is designed for Windows XP Home Edition and the display drivers I have are not compatible with WIN 98 SE.But I was wondering one thing for a pretty long time.Is it possible to install Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 on Windows 98 SE and run it normal just like under Windows XP?I never really tryed it so maybe some of you know if it's possible considering that the Windows 98 SE supports Microsoft .NET framework...?

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Who here has tried Microsoft Bob?
Well, you didn't have [SERIOUS][/SERIOUS] tags around it, so here goes.

Microsoft Bob was named after me. That's how awesome it is. It looks like Vista on steroids about to go out to a fancy dinner party. But it has the insane functionality of every Windows(aside from Vista) combined. The wallpaper default is Jesus eating KFC and playing L4D. It's kickass man.

·
Heroes Might& Magic Champ
4,713 Posts
:lol: nice one bobrocks.

I know the real reason it was discontinued. It simply was so awesome the government had to shut it down. Season 4 episode 7 of X-Files was actually about that.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
:lol: nice one bobrocks.

I know the real reason it was discontinued. It simply was so awesome the government had to shut it down. Season 4 episode 7 of X-Files was actually about that.
Wikipedia said:
080-407 "Musings of a Cigarette Smoking Man*" Glen Morgan & James Wong(uncredited) James Wong & Glen Morgan(uncredited) November 17, 1996 4X07

Taking a page from the Superman comic “Lex Luthor: The Unauthorized Biography,” this episode details the previous exploits of the Cigarette Smoking Man. Mulder, Scully and Byers meet with Frohike, where he details what may be Cancerman’s real life.
Guest starring: Chris Owens as Young Cigarette Smoking Man
lol, cigarettes have to do with Microsoft Bob? Awesome.

·
Registered
10,541 Posts
Right now I'm quite happy with Windows XP SP3, but I used to like Win 3.11/DOS 6.22, which I still have for an ancient 33MHZ Laptop my father gave me. It came in handy at school for word processing. The computers at the school often had viruses or were broken, and I could just transfer my data via a floppy disk at home to the main computer.

It saved me a lot of hassle.

I used to like Win 98SE, but it crashed too often, it hated memory sticks, usb mp3 players, and was too touchy when I multitasked, after I upgraded to XP, which was SP2 at the time, things were much better, even on my Antiquated 900 MHZ PC with 512 Megs RAM, there was a boost in productivity between 98SE and XP.

·
Registered
443 Posts
DOS 6.2
Windows 3.1
Windows 2000
Windows XP

Those are the ones I've stuck with through the generations of OS's.

·
Registered
6,937 Posts
XP for now.
My experience with Vista wasn't bad at all, I just had to trim it down (remove everything I didn't care about) and then I used it for a year without any problem.
I like W7, but the ram usage makes playing games a pain for me (it easily reach 90% of ram used, at which point the whole system starts crawling), so I'll be avoiding it for now. I tried to disable some of the stuff I don't want, but I don't feel like playing around too much on a beta OS, I can just wait.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts