Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.I really would like to know what you think makes this forum different from others.Please post your opinions because as long as you are a member,your opinion matters.
Personally,I think it's the rules.Men,we got a bunch of them o'er here.While I think they breed discipline in the members,I think it can be suffocating and frustrating sometimes cos I believe this place is a great place.Take care everyone.

·
Psychotic Robot Master
1,478 Posts
Well on my point of view it's all about Friendship,The Moderators are really nice and so are the users.The community is great & the chat is now deserted for various unknown reasons.Must've been something that N1ghtw0lf said.

so .. difference hrm.I'd say NGemu gets all the infos first about new Emulator Softwares and many more.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmm...We have our sour moments here at NGEmu, but nowhere near the pointless posts and flamewars that occur elsewhere.

We think it is the close memberbase, and a good staff of mods and admins. It also helps that the members respect the staff and vice versa. The folks here are pretty knowledgable as well, and many of the posts reflect both the knowledge and witty humor that each members possess.

Another thing that set NGEmu apart is that EMU Authors grace the forums and answer questions when need be.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Essentially what DW said. Members respect each other and admins aren't power crazy ban whores who think that they are somehow better because they have some extra shiny stars, but rather there is a mutual respect which is missing from other forums. Emuforums is a great place where we can all bask in the collective boredom of those around us.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I come here when I'm bored at work. I go to lots of forums though since that's all that left to do on the Internets. I like the fact that some emulator authors come here so it's more in touch with the emulation scene. What's funny is that I'm not even interested in next generation emulation but I still come since it's a nice pretty flame free forum. I also like to read posts by Boltzmann, Proto, Kaiser, Elly, GALVATRON since some of them are quite educational.

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
Of all the above points I agree with the fact that emu authors' pressence is a great asset... other than that...

·
Premium Member
6,071 Posts

·
"Insert witty title here"
1,049 Posts
Well, pretty much what everyone else said. In my opinion, it's the members that make any forum stand out. That, and there are strict yet laid-back moderators and administrators.

·
An old lady.
408 Posts
The Chicks.

No seriously, I think this place rocks. I know, I know, I'm usually only engaged in the off-topic area, but I like the tone of this place. It's friendly and laid back. Often the new idiot-members who show up here leave quite quickly. If Emuforms was a fast food restaurant, I'd totally work there. :p

·
Registered
833 Posts
I think main reason people still come here is because of the great news updates. Then after awhile you sucked in the forums where everyone is really great. I think the rules are good because it keeps certain people away that just make trouble. After coming to this forum i learned alot about hardware and about games. I think that sets this forum is friendly environment that you rarely see in most forums. I been to few forums and some can go days without posts or some really weird threads(not to say this place doesnt have its weird threads). This place always has new entertaining thread that always gets me to go back everydays. Its so diverse that makes it different.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
This was the first forums where I signed up and after that I've been to some others but only this one and a small dutch community were able to keep me there.

Like others said the members here are friendly, the mods are laid back, and there is a lot of diversity in topics but also personalities, and that's what keeps this place interesting. Also I've met some great persons here as a friend :)

And all these things are rare at large forums on the net.

·
Emunext fanboy
4,241 Posts
I think it's an addiction . I just can't leave that place how much i try ;) .
Here you are a part of a strong body , so you are strong .
Most mods/admins are nice aswell they don't ket you feel you are lower or different .
And the main good thing is the gignatic number of ppl who want to hug you now (Maybe that's too much ;) )

GROUP HUG WITH DUKElORD IN TH MIDDLE :D

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
I wont spend much time hugging here, not many ladies around :rolleyes:

And yeah, emuforums is an addiction :p My dad got crazy every month we got the phone bill before we had adsl :heh:

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
damn, was offline for about 2 days here :/... anyway, one of first my emuforums I've signed in :)... also probably only (emu)forum which I'm posting till this day :), I'm going here at work, when I have a free minute :D, at home too, but not as much as at work ;).
Lots of fun is here, I think that's the key to NGEmu success :D

·
Banned
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
cloudvii said:
I think it's an addiction . I just can't leave that place how much i try ;) .
Here you are a part of a strong body , so you are strong .
Most mods/admins are nice aswell they don't ket you feel you are lower or different .
And the main good thing is the gignatic number of ppl who want to hug you now (Maybe that's too much ;) )

GROUP HUG WITH DUKElORD IN TH MIDDLE :D
Me too cloudvii ;)

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Well altough I'm almost never in an offtopic thread anymore these days,this forum provides a lot of usefull info and help on any emulator related questions.besides that there are the members of course,wich make the offtopic threads so much fun at times and interesting.In my perspective the rules here are also very good and the mods/admins too since there isnt much flaming/spamming here compared to other forums...and you can actually have good friends here,kinda gives a family feeling,its nice :)

·
The one and only
3,658 Posts
Nevermore said:
Well on my point of view it's all about Friendship,The Moderators are really nice and so are the users.The community is great & the chat is now deserted for various unknown reasons.Must've been something that N1ghtw0lf said.

so .. difference hrm.I'd say NGemu gets all the infos first about new Emulator Softwares and many more.

Yea, its the friendship community here is awesome,and ive only been here for a while

·
Knowledge is the solution
7,168 Posts
I think it's the interesting asset of people we have, that is, there are some members I'd actually like to meet IRL, and others that I dread the day I meet them but they are interesting nonetheless :p (you know who you are ^_^; )

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
I make people feel better about themselves...then they hear how bad I'm messed up, their self-esteem raises right up :D

1 - 20 of 40 Posts