Next Generation Emulation banner

What Kind of RPG do u like?

• Adventure RPG (Like Zelda and Mario 64)

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Menu/Selection RPG (Like Final Fantasy's)

Votes: 27 47.4%
  • Strategic RPG (Like Treasure Hunter G and FFtatics)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • PC like, RPG (Like Diablo and others wich uses mouse)

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • All of the above

Votes: 19 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
????? Wich RPG style is more interesting ??????

I think this can be a very cool subject since i know people who likes very different kinds of RPG.....Some friends can't live without playing diablo on the Web....Otherones are crazy about Final Fantasy.... Besides it....There'r Games Like Mario and Zelda.... Very popular (Specially when u r talking about kids playing RPG games, non counting Pokemon) and Strategic Games.....like FF Tatics and Treasure Hunter G (a game for SNES)....

Well that's it....How More people put theyr opinion on the pool, Better......Please help me on these....

·
Nintendo Zealot
1,425 Posts
I like the zelda like ones...
I never really liked the turn based combat ons as much

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
I have played all kinds of RPG's and I like them all.. I don't like being single minded.. Turn based, Real time based, action rpg, strategy rpg, I have fun with them all.. Can't really say which is my favorite.. I would have voted for "all of the above" but you don't got that option..

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Same here , i like all of them , they are all good ! Because of that i can't tell witsh is my favorite one , even if they are difrent .

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh yep....My failure.....
I should put in the pool the "all above" option...
But Since I can't change anymore...for the ones who loves all kinds of RPG's please post a reply saying it......

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok thanx...
now i hope that more people come in here....
Hehe..And I thinking that this would be an interesting subject.....

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi, new person here, well anyways I would just like to say that I love Final Fantasy. I can't really stand things like Zelda because I get dizzy from the camera angles after 5 minutes which totally sucks major @ss. However I also like playing RPG such as Bouncer and Chrono Cross and Breath of Fire. Even though Bouncer shouldn't really be considered a RPG due to the fact that its only 8 hour of game play. Golden Sun is new to me and yet I also love the game because it so addictive. Pokemon is also on that levle however its more focused on little children. Over all I play RPG games that are artistically pleasing to me, such as Final Fantasy 8 and Final Fantasy 10. Oh the beautiful colors and the graphics are just stunning. Final Fantasy 10 especially, the graphics are so good that the characters look life like at times. I generally play rpgs that also have a good OST. Well that pretty much sums up what I look for in a RPG and why I want to play them.

Originally posted by jonys
Ok thanx...
now i hope that more people come in here....
Hehe..And I thinking that this would be an interesting subject.....

S

·
0 Posts
All types of RPGs, w/stratigic ones being my least favorites. Text only RPGs I can not stand. I won't even bother to play them.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Goshhh.....I still can't see anyone here who likes Diablo...... I tought that this option would have at least 1 vote.....But....Who can I fool...Diablo isn't the kind of RPG game that would actually be too popular in an EMULATION forum........hehe

·
Registered
624 Posts
Goshhh.....I still can't see anyone here who likes Diablo...... I tought that this option would have at least 1 vote.....But....Who can I fool...Diablo isn't the kind of RPG game that would actually be too popular in an EMULATION forum........hehe
he he, don't say that pal, athough I don't like diablo, there is a PC game... I think is sanitarium the name, I haven't found it in the net, and in my country the game didn't hit the stores, but I LOVE THAT GAME!!! and the gameplay is more or less the same that diablo has!!!! I still have the demo cd and play it sometimes!!

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
my turn...
I like the RPG´s that have a history like Novel, look at Final Fantasy VIII what a sad history... oh and Final Fantsy VII while aerith get murdered, bad sephiroth... oHHHHH I want change my nick

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by SepHirotH OmEgA
my turn...
I like the RPG´s that have a history like Novel, look at Final Fantasy VIII what a sad history... oh and Final Fantsy VII while aerith get murdered, bad sephiroth... oHHHHH I want change my nick
.....yo....this isn't cool.....(I already knew that aeris would be murdered by sephiroth) But what about the guys that are waiting in the entrance to watch the movie....(I'm sure that if u do this in a movie session the guys will broke your legs and arms....)
hehehehe :D....
(just kidding....)

·
Registered
411 Posts
That's a very intresting way to make a joke considering that Sephiroth feels bad already. Talk about insensitive, well regardless it's something that really trivial anyways. We are talking about a game and I don't think people would go out of their way to hunt this person down with this name who we have no idea what their real name is and try to break his limbs off. It's not going to happen any time soon basically. ^-^

.....yo....this isn't cool.....(I already knew that aeris would be murdered by sephiroth) But what about the guys that are waiting in the entrance to watch the movie....(I'm sure that if u do this in a movie session the guys will broke your legs and arms....)
hehehehe :D....
(just kidding....)

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
I always liked FF-style RPGs....always hated the Diablo-style ones, though.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Shiori
I always liked FF-style RPGs....always hated the Diablo-style ones, though.
I think you must be the infamous Shiori
So tell who are u and why did u have a Fan Club
Hey I want a Fan club too

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm not a console fan, but i use to have a snes only for rpg (Chrono trigger, FF 4-6, TOP, Seiken Densetsu) and i now use espxe and own a ps2 only for that kind of games.

I'm in fact more a PC player (QW and Q3) and i don't understand why those type of game never hit the pc shelves... (except the "bad port" of FF7 and 8).

But i think u forgot some kinds of PC rpg :

- MMORPG like ultima online, everquest and asheron call (i played the first for 1 year and the last for 8 months, and they are great)

- utlima series (ultima 7, ultima serpent isle for ex) : great story, lot of freedom and very addictive

- Dungeon Master like rpg : Lands of Lore (the first one was really great), Might and Magic (4 and 5 were great too), Wizardry, etc...

- Pen and Paper adaptation like Baldurs gate 1 & 2, Planet Scape etc... there's some great title in this category too...

And to conclude don't forget Never Winter Night which, maybe, be the first real rpg (ROLE playing game) for computers and games plateform.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Aegnor posted:

utlima series (ultima 7, ultima serpent isle for ex) : great story, lot of freedom and very addictive
....Ultima Games are Great......Ultima is one of the RPG's that i first played......But Unfortunatly I couldn't Install Ultima on-line when i bought it......Technical problems......

1 - 20 of 126 Posts