Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
i already know mine from when i did IT.

Textbook style, its 40-55
My own custom style its 60-80, depending on word complexity.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
the sites not a good place to be testing speed on anyway. theres distracting points on the screen which takes your attention away from the words on screen.

Anyway, my peak typing speed was 143wpm, before i got distracted and it dropped to 43

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Custom position on the keyboard allows for faster typing then the default asdf jkl; position.

·
Registered
13,839 Posts
I only got 35... But if I agree that it was hard to write while reading the text at the same time, especially while my native is finnish... If I wrote from my head I could easily double that speed and even better if I wrote in finnish.

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
7,193 Posts
I got 47 (I think?) words per minute when I tried. Would've been faster if I'd thought of the words myself, rather than reading the words on the screen, but meh.
If only I could learn to type on this 5 year old keyboard of mine (yes, it's been mine all along), it would be much better. Kinda sucks to have had this keyboard all this time, and keep missing the damn buttons. I blame it on me not watching the keyboard at all when typing pure text, I look at what I write instead :p Kinda nice.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Took the "Astronaut" test, got 87wpm w/ 98% accuracy. Like others have said, it's much higher when I'm simply putting my thoughts to words.

·
Level 9998
10,591 Posts
Took the "Astronaut" test, got 87wpm w/ 98% accuracy. Like others have said, it's much higher when I'm simply putting my thoughts to words.
If the test ends when you're typing your last word then it counts the last word as a miss and gives you 98%, I think.

So you might actually have gotten to 88 WPM with 100% accuracy. Good job! :)

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
If the test ends when you're typing your last word then it counts the last word as a miss and gives you 98%, I think.

So you might actually have gotten to 88 WPM with 100% accuracy. Good job! :)
Yep, I was in the middle of a word when it stopped, and thanks. :)

·
Registered MSX user
1,671 Posts
My score wasn't very good. Right now I'm typing much faster, when the text is coming from my mind.

EDIT:

I only got 35... But if I agree that it was hard to write while reading the text at the same time, especially while my native is finnish... If I wrote from my head I could easily double that speed and even better if I wrote in finnish.
Just noticed the flag on the right side of the page. There is a Finnish test, too. Take a look and good luck, if you try. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.