Next Generation Emulation banner

Your summer blockbuster hit pick!!! Which one was really worth it?

• Mummy Returns

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Pearl Harbor

• Swordfish

• Planet of the Apes

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • The Fast and the Furious

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Final Fantasy Spirits Within

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • The Score

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jurassic Park 3

• Rush Hour 2

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • American Pie 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the summer of 2001 comes towards an end, there were some up's and down's on some of the movies, plus alot of sequels (wake up Hollywood!!!). Well anyway as you can see from the topic which was your favorite summer flick, my vote is; "Swordfish"

P.S. sorry if your favorite movie wasn't enlisted on the poll;) ,I could've put more but the max is 10:eyes:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hmmm...favorite movie?, favorite movie?
Its a tough call for me. I have two favorites.
My favorite action movie is without a doubt Kiss of the Dragon(Jet Li). This movie is action packed witch of coarse doesn't leave alot of room for a good story, but if your a kungfu fan like me then you can see past the predictability and lameness to the beautifully choreographed fight scenes done by Cory Yuen. I have to say that out of the modern day kungfu movies this is definitely the best I've seen. If anybody out there has seen and enjoyed Black Mask, The Enforcer, or Hitman you will not want to miss Kiss of the Dragon. One thing that gives this movie that extra spark is that it was made in English so you don't have to deal with cheesy dubbing.

My other favorite, but for different reasons is the Planet of the Apes. I haven't seen the original, but from what I hear this remake strays from it quite a bit. I did think the attitude of the main character(Mark Whalberg) was a little strange, especially toward the end. However the apes were terrific. The costume design was very realistic and that added with the ape-like movements of the actors made some very believable apes. I was a bit disappointed at the lack of romantic involvement between Mark Whalberg and Estella Warren, but I guess you can't please everyone. Look in this thread to see some pics I posted of Estella Warren.:eek:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than Swordfish my other fav was Rush Hour 2, that was a really good squel.

But anyway in the end of Planet of the Apes, it was a good twist but I couldn't understand on how it really happen like that?!
Does anyone know:confused:

·
Scourge of the Seven Seas
2,412 Posts
Three movies really caught me this summer: Kiss of the Dragon, Jurassic Park 3 and Planet of the Apes. Don't care too much for plot in these kind of movies, and their action was GREAT! So why did I choose th Apes? For some reason, I really liked that little love triangle. It was . . . different. And I had a better time than the other two because of it :D. The twist ending, however . . . :eyes:

But why did FFSpirits bomb?!?! :shout: :( :dead: I wanna cry . . .

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
I would have voted for American Pie 2, but they were pushing too much for a moral, and that detracted from the overall hilarity of the flick. So my vote goes to Rush Hour 2, because that movie was just plain fun. I still have to see Fast and Furious though.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
PLANET OF THE APES SPOILERS!!!

I think the only possibility for the end of Planet of the Apes to make sense is that it was an alternate reality. Maybe for some reason the apes and humans on the planet that Mark Whalberg(I forget what his name was) originally crashed on decided to release General Thade and he became their ruler again. That's not very believable though considering the new peace that was found before Whalberg left.

Another possibility is that it didn't show what year it was on Earth at the end so it may have been in the distant future when Apes had evolved above man and their civilization was highly influenced by the human's earlier civilization on Earth. But the thing that still doesn't make sense is that Whalberg crashed on the steps of the Thade Memorial(instead of the Lincoln Memorial) and so the name Thade would have to be a coincidence between both the future Earth and the Planet of the Apes, agian this isn't very believable.

In other words the end doesn't really make sense to me either.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
That is quite tough. Half of those aren't out over here yet. (apes is out tomorrow). Currently its a tie between FF and shrek. (both animated wierd:eyes:)

·
Registered
680 Posts
Originally posted by Adair

Huh?
Ummm, this thread is about favorite summer movies.
umm. ok, for movies, I prefered any of Devon or Lexus Lockear Movies ;) - if u know what i mean

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Originally posted by 404

umm. ok, for movies, I prefered any of Devon or Lexus Lockear Movies ;) - if u know what i mean
:eek: :eek: :eyemove: :eyespin: :innocent: :wtf:

Actually I still haven't been to see Final Fantasy Spirits Within yet, I suppose I will be going to see it at the end of the month.

S

·
0 Posts
Definately Shrek for me, even though it is not on the list. It is the runaway hit of the summer and most likely of the whole year.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
In limbo
914 Posts
Hmm. I saw THE MUMMY RETURNS last May at a local premiere and well, it was a fun movie. SHREK was cool, too, but FF : THE SPIRITS WITHIN rocked, IMO. THE FAST AND THE FURIOUS was 0wnage.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No votes on Jurassic Park 3, American Pie 2, and The Score
Fascinating:rolleyes:

Keep'em coming guys:D

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
my bad;)
but isn't there a close pirate dealer next to you, get the VHS, or VCD hee hee hee:D

·
Registered
48 Posts
For me it's an easy one, The Fast and The Furious. I saw that movie 3 times. :D What can I say, I'm a huge car fan, I didn't see it for the plot, I went strictly for the horsepower! I have to say that KoD was amazing too, some wicked fight scenes in that flick. Rush Hour 2 was hilarious and so was American Pie 2.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
As for this summer one of the worst was pearl harbour. It tried to be the next titanic and failed miserably. Basically the film was too long. The first 1 1/2 hours was just a love story and just as you thought that you'd sat down to the most expensive cure for insomia the bombs dropped. Then it went into the typical Bruckheimer action overdrive. If it had been an hour shorter it might have been bearable. Still it had its moments eg the Sailor drowning scene was moving. Oh and just to add insult the director isn't happy about the film either... He's adding another 5 minutes onto the dvd:rolleyes: .

1 - 20 of 21 Posts