Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got all night and nothing better to do so here I am to preach. Rock music is very serious to me, so here we go.

Don't just tell me, I want a good reason. This is the band you sit and worship day after day after day because you just can't get enough of the pure unadulterated kickass that is rock music. You have every CD, DVD, single, EP and image of them all stored away on your computer and you sit and eargasm every time the voice of the lead singer hits certain high notes to the tune of blazing electric guitars behind mind-blowingly fast drums that cause earthquakes as a result of pure sentient awesomeness. You love their old stuff, you love their new stuff, you love it all and you can't wait for the next album to come out. Your soul and body twitches at the even mention of their name in a news post of any kind.

I'll begin.

My favorite band is "Smashing Pumpkins" not "The Smashing Pumpkins" if you say "The Smashing Pumpkins", I will find out where you live and/or work; come to your house or area of destitute workmanship, punch you in the face and drink all of your alcohol just to smite your addiction. If you don't have any alcohol. I'll bring some with me, offer you some and drink it in front of you just because you deserve the feeling of loss and suffering in your life for damning my favorite band's good name. They are an action; not a thing.

Why are they my favorite band? I'll tell you why. To me no one on this earth has the velocity of know-how and amazing song-writing capability that the combination of Billy Corgan and Jimmy Chamberlin has. They have the ability to conger and correlate some kind of amazing rocking acceleration god that points his finger at the earth and says. "LET THERE BE EXISTENTIAL ROCK OBSESSION, DAMNIT."

Low and behold, there it is created before them. I don't know who these two chant prayers to and I don't care but for the love of whatever god there is don't let them stop. The beats of the drums and guitars echo through my head like luminescent strobe-lights of pure grandeur as I am taken away to some otherworldly place of racing explosions and concentrated kickass.

So, emuforums. What is your favorite band?
Entice me with your suggestions of greatness. I am waiting.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Im addicted to Linken Park because the first time I hear "In the End" was when I was in a car with a hot girl after school

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
Was that so hard? It's very romantic as well. You should write a book, Phil. I would buy four of them and read them all at the same time.
You bet.

Heres for the people who have been living in a cave the last 7 years

Chester was sick that day btw

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
I'd love to explain this by using big and "creative" words, but I'm having a difficult time doing so because I've been drinking triple 7s (Triple Sec, Seagrahm's 7, Vodka, 7up) since 8pm tonight. :lol: I'm seeing quadruple! oO

Anyway, I've always enjoyed this band ever since I was a kid. I've got every remastered CD from this band. I have several mixed tapes with only CCR songs on them. I even have ALL of their original LPs (records).

I like Linkin Park, Smashing Pumpkins, Nickelback, Disturbed...etc. The list is huge. However, CCR is the only band that I actively seek out to listen to. If these other bands' songs pop up in my playlist, I listen to them, but I often find myself switching the song to my CCR portion of my playlist.

For me, CCR is like having sex while high, eating a sammich, while playing your most favorite video game, but mixed into an aural form such that it can only be properly "taken in" by listening.

Dammit. The room is starting to spin a little too fast to type. :(

Oh yeah, nice avatar, Interverse.:thumb:

Looks like it's from the "lost" episodes. Specifically the episode where Ren and Stimpy decide to live in a spitoon.

·
Opensource-spice
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh yeah, nice avatar, Interverse.:thumb:

Looks like it's from the "lost" episodes. Specifically the episode where Ren and Stimpy decide to live in a spitoon.
It's there so I can appear to "press the issue".

Dude......what is this, the gentlemens club? Everyone seems smashed tonight lol
I just took a few grams of coke.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,477 Posts
mr. ren avatar, Linkin Park happens to be my fav band so I noticed the spelling, thats all, case closed :p
I probably would have caught this if I wasn't seeing four screens. Hopefully I'll be seeing 8 soon... :lol:

1 - 20 of 121 Posts