Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I opened up the public documents folder in Windows 7 for the first time, and found this:

.....what the hell is SoftGrid? And why has it made a 1GB FSD file? I looked it up on Google, got results like these: Microsoft SoftGrid® Application Virtualization. Microsoft Application Virtualization? As far as I can guess, this might be the virtual folder 7 uses run apps in XP mode, but what's it doing in the public documents folder? oO If this is true, what should I do to get rid of it? I don't ever use XP mode since I have XP on dual-boot anyway.

TIA.

·
Professional Spitter.
972 Posts
I opened up the public documents folder in Windows 7 for the first time
Yeah, you say you have opened the public documents folder for the first time and have never seen this before ? Then it has always been there.

·
Level 9998
9,384 Posts
I would second that...

If you've only opened it for the first time ever, how can you be so sure that this isn't something that just comes naturally with the OS? :innocent:

Jokes aside, though... try to delete it. Chances are it was leftover of something else... and if you can delete it, then that means it's garbage. If something doesn't run properly in the future, well... you know what the mofo was for. :thumb: Just leave it in the Recycle Bin for a while and see. If there is no reaction then empty the Bin.

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I tried deleting it and it says the file can't be deleted because "it is in System". Force delete via CMD?

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Can't you check which process is using it first.

I used to have unlocker, which checks process of files before deleting them, but it doesn't work on Windows 7 x64.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you install the XP virtual machine?
On VirtualBox yeah, never using MS Virtual PC though. I've never tried XP mode ever either.

SoftGrid isn't listed in Add/Remove programs either.....didn't expect it to be either, sounds like something which would be more intricately woven to the core of the OS and be harder to remove.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.