Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
You got it right, Shekers. The PSONE is just a small version of the PSX, but i does everything the full size PSX does. Plus you can get a screen attachment for it that makes it portable. The only problem is it still has to have electricity to run, it does not use batteries. Plus, the port in the back is gone, the one you could plug a GameShark into. So the GameShark for the PSONE plugs into one of the memory card slots. And when I say it is small, IT IS, it will fit into your pants pocket, minus the game screen. Also, it uses all the peripherals the full size PSX uses. That about sums it up. I know so much about it, because I had one.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
it will fit into your pants pocket
damn sx/amiga you got some huge ass pants pockets :eek: cuz it wont fit in mine
although it is hella small and the portable screen costs MORE than the PSONE
the screen 150 US $ (atleast the screen they are selling where i work)
the PSONE 99 US $

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, the screen does cost more than the PSONE, but did you know you could do more w/it than play the PSONE on it. The screen has AV inputs that would allow you to hhok up a TV tuner, or another system, or a DVD player, etc. This could come in hady if you wanted to play your Dreamcast but somone else wanted to watch the TV. You hook up your DC to the Game Screen and bingo, you're playing. Also, even though the screen is small, it is quite sharp and clear. It would be worth buying the Game Screen by itself just for this purpose.
Yes, I actually fit the PSOne in my pants pocket, but it was a tight fit. I was just using that to show how small it really is.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Very interesting Bgnome. I knew about the car adapter, it comes w/the Game Screen and it works great. But I did not know about the battery. That would make the PSOne truly portable. Thanks for the info.;)
sincerely.
sx/amiga

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
http://www.dailyradar.com/news/game_news_7641.html
The new larger screen will support high resolutions and have two speakers on either side of the screen, ports for headphones, a car adapter and controls for brightness, color and volume. The new monitor will also have a sharper image than the previous unit.

The second addition, announced this morning, is the Mobile Power One, a battery pack that powers the Mobile Monitor and the PSOne for as much as two and one-half hours
very very nice..monitor in may, and battery in june..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Well, the PS One still isn't extremely portable yet, considering the size of these things. Imagine you were on an airplane in economy class, you would probably have to put the PS One and the game screen on the food tray, the battery pack on the armrest or something, and hold the controller. If you had to change disks, it would be even more problematic. You could just hold a Game Boy color/advance in your hands.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
this new battery will be flat and sit under the psone, so it wouldnt take much space at all. i agree that the separate controller may be a space problem but it can be easily dealt with. sure it wont be as easy to carry as a gbc, but you could take it on those long trips..

·
Registered
345 Posts
Originally posted by tidus
Well, the PS One still isn't extremely portable yet, considering the size of these things. Imagine you were on an airplane in economy class, you would probably have to put the PS One and the game screen on the food tray, the battery pack on the armrest or something, and hold the controller. If you had to change disks, it would be even more problematic. You could just hold a Game Boy color/advance in your hands.

the PS One plus screen is roughly the size (if not smaller) than a lap top. and those are considered quite portable
also, there will probably be a case that holds everything and all your gonna have to do is flip it open and push the power button. as for changing discs, i dont see that as any mor complicated as changing cd's in a portable cd player

S

·
0 Posts
Bgnome, the Gamescreen is available now. Fry's (a store near where I live), Software Etc. (also known as Babbages in other parts of the US), and Electronics Boutique (EB for short) all carry them. I believe Comp USA does too.
Tidus, you'd be surprised how compact the whole unit is.:eek: I had one and it is very small. It would be simple to take it in a car or on a plane, etc. and now the battery is going to make it truly a portable unit.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

S

·
0 Posts
Bgnome, I'll bet that the screen that you mentioned, w/the larger size and extras, is Sony's offical game screen. The ones that are out now are made by Pelican Accessories and another company. Sound like the Sony screen may be the best of these. I'll have to check it out, when it comes out. Thanks for the info.:)
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
253 Posts
Why PS2? Anyways, from what I read (thanks for the links) the battery only lasts for a few hours, so I wouldn't exactly depend on it for longer trips. My friends have PS Ones and I've played with them before, but I think a laptop with ePSXe or some other emulator would be better:D. Of course emus can't play all the games the PS One can, but ePSXe is free:) and the PS One isn't. Also, emus have higher res on moniters than the game screen.

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by sxamiga
You got it right, Shekers. The PSONE is just a small version of the PSX, but i does everything the full size PSX does. Plus you can get a screen attachment for it that makes it portable. The only problem is it still has to have electricity to run, it does not use batteries. Plus, the port in the back is gone, the one you could plug a GameShark into. So the GameShark for the PSONE plugs into one of the memory card slots. And when I say it is small, IT IS, it will fit into your pants pocket, minus the game screen. Also, it uses all the peripherals the full size PSX uses. That about sums it up. I know so much about it, because I had one.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
gameshark eh? so it can run imports and backups too?

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
my laptop only runs for 3 hours per charge also, so theres no benefit there..
the ps one has been chipped and has a bootdisk so yes, imports and backups can be played on it. i havent seen anything other than the gameshark cdr run on it tho..

S

·
0 Posts
Bgnome, I didn't know that the PSOne had a boot disk, or that it had a mod chip installed. Where did you hear this? I wouldn't have known about the imports and backups anyway, since I have only original US NTSC games.:D I did have the Gameshark for it though and it worked very well.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
well, as some others have stated, i for one dont have a perfectly clean record either :wink:
theres info on this sort of stuff in the usual places. :D

1 - 20 of 26 Posts