Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your own Opinion, what do you 's think is the best PSX Emulator available at the moment, the one that is the most compatible for all the PSX games. In my opinion, the best one i have got is, ePSXe, and Virtual Game Station, normally if ePSXe won't play a PSX game, i try Virtual Game station, but i always try ePSXe first, since the graphics are so nice on it :).
Also, if a game starts up on ePSXe and then freezes, I'm refering to a Playstation game called The Emperor's New Groove, for my little brother, looks so nice on this Emulator, and then will just freeze. Is there a way to fix freezing problems with cheats or anything like this, just asking cause i'm still kind of new to all this, thanks.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
yap, just go to that thread and see it by yourself
BTW ePSXe Rocks

S

·
0 Posts
1 epsxe
2 vgs
3 bleem

but bleem's only third because it runs the gran turismo games very nicely ;)

S

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by gerbilcannon
Nobody considers adripsx or pcsx worth anything huh?

Whoops, forgot fpse as well, sorry.
They're worth a lot! But for the games I have I don't use ém at the moment, that's all.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by gerbilcannon
Nobody considers adripsx or pcsx worth anything huh?

Whoops, forgot fpse as well, sorry.
Fpse=emulator is good(best for PE-2)but bad news is its dead.

pcsx=This one needs a lot of work

Adripsx=I think the new version is going to be competing with the top emus out there.

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
I think VGS is the best playstation emulator. It's the most compatible and it's most faithful to the machine it's emulating. I would consider Epsxe the best playstation enhancer:), since it uses 3D acceleration to enhance the visual image of PSX games. Software plug-ins make it look nearly equal to VGS but I find VGS to be a lot more accurate. With VGS I can get a true feeling for what the game is supposed to be, with epsxe I can get a feel for what the game could be.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I only mentioned those because I found it odd that bleem and psemu pro were being listed which I honestly don't think should make the list anymore. Of course that is my highly subjective opinion.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, thanks for everyone's replies, by the way i didn't see that other thread about Playstation Emulators, i only look on the front page, and i didn't see it there sorry.

Also, is there a way to make some games play on ePSXe by using cheats, or anything like this ? Like The Emperor's New Groove, it starts up , but then just freezes.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
solution is press F4 or enable accurate CD-rom/ or Disable Realtime status (?)

before that start w/ petes soft gpu for configuring and for the sound use null so you can diagnos what causing the problem then enhance the game step by step

S

·
0 Posts
ePSXe is definately top of the line and state of the art. If you want a virtual PSX, 2d pixelated graphics and all, but great sound, then VGS is the one to use. Unfortunately VGS is dead, but ePSXe is still going strong. A new release may be coming before to long.
As for cheats, there is a plugin called PEC that lets you use Game Shark codes w/VGS and ePSXe. The author is JNS and PEC can be found at www.emucheater.com But whether or not using PEC and GS codes will solve your freezing problem, that I don't know.
There are some games (only a few, to be sure) that ePSXe still won't run. The Emperor's New Groove just may be one of these games.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 20 of 23 Posts