Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best Pete's OpenGL 1.55 configuration?

im running a GeForce 2 MX 400 AGP 64mb

i want to knwo if windowed is better, and such and such

whenever i run at like 1024x768x32 in the opening of ff8 i get polygons missing, backround animations are slow and laggy, also i find that alot of the time my rendered backrounds look blocky. :(

but i dont c y ig et this, my card si good enough.

so please help me with the configuration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
For whatever reason, I've found that the Geforce2 MX400 cards seem to have a problem with ePSXe, along with some other programs. Any speed and glitchy problems that your getting are probably related to your card, you should probably run Pete's with something like this.

fullscreen- resolution doesn't matter
16 bit color
texture quality- don't care
caching- palettized or dynamic (both should work fine)
OSD- standard
framebuffer texture- black
alpha multipass- on
unfiltered framebuffer- on
color dithering- on
special game fixes- on
ff9 battle fix- on

If you have speed problems, try running from an iso.

-kosamae

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hehehehe

thanks COMPliment... im sorry i was goign for some sort of a pun there but it didn't work :)

well FF8 is running good so far, though i am having a little trouble with the me cards, after formating the first card it wont reconize it in game ??? but the second card is reconizable, but soemtimes it doens't load, so i gotta retry loading liek 3 times till i finally get a load! i dont knwo if that normals, but just incase how do u save state? or is that a "bad idea"?

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Save states are known to cause troubles w/ memory cards. In order to solve some of those ones:
tick the "always enable sio irq" (options>"always...") before launching the game or press f4 once or twice before saving onto the mem card.

That will help your memcards troubles...maybe.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have a few little problems w/ FF8.

i can play it, but the screen is so dark, it is killing my eyes, how do i adjust brightness?

another problem w/ ff8 is i whenever i got 3 people in my party, in the battle mode, only first 2 people's name will shown up at bottom right of screen, the THIRD person's name and HP will not show up, but all the active bar will show up, any solution?

·
Registered
19 Posts
err..Are you sane?
I mean, have you seen his computer specs? His computer is freaking fast to run ePSXe w/o any probs I'd say.
And btw, I never heard of such probs w/ gf2mx400 cards...

I have practically the same machine as him, only with less ram (256 MB) and an Athlon 1.2 instead of the Pentium 4 1.7 (but if you look at any speed tests an Athlon is actually faster than a Pentium 4 1.5, so its not much slower) and I used to have the geforce2 mx400, and that's the configuration I ran in order for everything to run smoothly. I've also talked to other people with the same card, who have had the same problems, it might only be certain builds of the card, since there are multiple manufactorers who put geforce chipsets on there cards, I don't know, but there are definitely problems.

-kosamae

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
y is it that in every conversatin about amd and pentium, somebody has to say (oh and they have a amd chipset, DONT U EVER FORGET THAT) "the amd at liek 1 ghz is twice faster as the p4 at 1.7 and waht not BLAH BLAH BLAH", ok serioulsy there is like no difference here, i could care less if it loads in 5 seconds or in 8, it makes the SMALLEST change in how i think aobut my computer. :)

well i have my configuration pretty primp now, but im just messing with fsaa x4 right now, but thanks anyways for the infromation kosamea :) (i step on ur amd :p)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.