Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
Originally posted by ryu_joko
so ?,
i'm personally think epsxe,
because metal gear and tekken 3 are run perfectly on epsxe.
how bout the other.
Actually.. Tekken 3 still has some timing problems(doesn't run 60 fps even when it says 60) in epsxe and MGS has those mdec crashes.. Still, future version of epsxe will surely fix these little probs.. I say epsxe is better simply because its a whole emulator which plays a bunch of games.. And its free!! Bleemcast seems to be a great emu, but it only plays one game per buy.. Kinda turned me off to the whole psx emu thing bleemcast was selling.. Atleast it's pretty cheap, and you only have to have a dreamcast to use it.. I think Tekken 3 and MGS also runs nearly perfect on bleemcast as well.. Heard they got the blur effects working for MGS in bleemcast too.. Which is pretty amazing considering the Dreamcast is not as powerful as most computers today being used to play psx games with epsxe.. :)

·
8+ Years
2,796 Posts
ePSXe and Bleemcast is a totally diffrent system. I dont know how to compare a PC emulator and a Dreamcast emulator. I have the Bleemcast for Gt2. It works great. But playing gt2 on ePSXe is better.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
From the rules: "Please try to post in English only, since this is the language used by the majority of visitors here."

I can't really comment on whether I prefer ePSXe or bleemcast, considering there's yet to be a title I'm interested in for the latter.

S

·
0 Posts
ePSXe emulates many different games. Bleemcast emulates only one and that on a console which not everyone has. ePSXe runs on a PC and so would appeal to a wider range of users. Bleemcast is commerical, you must buy both it and the game. ePSXe is free, all you need is the games. So, what does this all add up to? ePSXe is, IMHO, far and away, the best of the two, hands down.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Bleemcast is at a disadvantage compared to ePSXe, but it does fill a niche gap and is easier to use. Otherwise, I can achieve the same effect by plugging my computer to the tv.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
Hmmm

For someone unfamiliar with emulation itself...Bleemcast is a nice alternative that does well graphically in comparison to EPSXE using a VGA...

But for those of us familiar....well EPSXE has more features and compatibility..and like most have mentioned...free...

Kinda nice for Dreamcast owners...and gives Sega users a chance to play PSX games...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Two very different platforms... It's very difficult to compare, but, as someone that has both I can easily say ePSXe wins hands down..

Emualtion should NOT be about profit.

ePSXe has many features that make it so much better than Bleem!cast. Playing from ISO and not CD is a big plus. Save game states, different configurations that actually IMPROVE the game (beyond what Bleem!cast is capable of) etc.. etc.. etc... with a graphics card with TVOUT, it can play on a normal TV and look better than on a PSX. Joystick support for something that resembles a REAL (or actually a real PSX joypad with an adaptor).. I use a Gravis Gamepad. YAAAY!

Bleem!cast.. hmmmm, nice, but it costs money (bit naughty if you ask me) and can only do a single game. I'm sure it's great for people with only Dreamcasts to play some great PSX games. Maybe some of them are here, using their dreamcasts to surf

:D <cough>

S

·
0 Posts
you cant really compare those two...
While bleemcast runs GT2 perfectly, and perhaps better than ePSXe, it's just focused on one game, whereas epsxe runs a variety of games, many of them even near-perfect. On the other hand, bleemcast is impressive because of how fast it is.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Now it's three games !! Still the fact is that ePSXe runs MANY games at 99% wish is better then having 3 games Running at 100%

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
ePSXe of course,Bleemcast only runs 3 games when ePSXe runs almost every PSX games(no I'm not biased:D ).

1 - 20 of 24 Posts