Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Im having some hard time configurating my pcsx2.
Right Know Im playing those 3 games
Dragon Ball Z :INFINTE WORLD
" " ":BUDOKAI TENKAICHI 3
X-men Legends 1

when im playing the fps is really low....
my pc:
Windows XP
Intel Core Duo 2 CPU E7400 2.80Ghz
Ram:2046MB
nVIDIA GeForce 9500GT 1024MB

plz help configurate my pcsx2

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Here's the configuration I use for Budokai Tenkaichi 3, which I'm currently playing some, so use it as a starting point.

Speed hacks are all disabled.

Make sure MTGS is checked though. I was experimenting with speed on this game with it off.

I tried turning the MicroVU options on and saw no big difference, but I didn't compare speed with them on or off, so experiment there if you will, as they're beta options (maybe this branches some things onto cores 3 and 4, as wasn't it the Micro Vector Units they were going to do that to, or am I conjuring up wild spectations? Yeah, wild specations, but maybe it's a start to that).

Everything under the "advanced" options are at default.

Also, start with an internal resolution of 1024x768 and either a windowed mode or fullscreen mode of your choice. My video card maxes out at ~1400x1050 with this game (at least in DirectX 9 mode), so you'll likely need to go lower.

Note that my PC is faster than yours, but honestly, this game must be easy/PCSX2 must be really good for this game, as my CPU plays it full speed without the MTGS/dual core option and without speed hacks (and couple in that it's doing that only at 4.0GHz right now), so it should be attainable to get full speed for you, if at worst that means experimenting with speed hacks (which gave me some 120FPS minimum in fights when I tried).

I can't speak for the other two games.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I noticed that many of the option you showed in the pic aren't seen in my emulator such as the microvu,allow 8-bit texture.
what version of pcsx2 should i use?
by the way ive disabled the MTGS AND i noticed a big speed up.
and for the other tow you have any suggestion?

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
I just downloaded the latest Beta PCSX2 the other day, so it was the latest as of that time. It's 0.9.6 revision whatever, so if you're using a much older version, you may get a boost simply by upgrading to a newer one.

From what I've read at pcsx2.net, the MicroVU units are, as of right now, actually slower than if unchecked, so don't worry about them and leave them disabled.

It was also recommended to uncheck "allow 8 bit textures", though I saw no difference (again, didn't specifically compare results).

That is very strange if you're seeing a speedup by disabling MTGS mode. You have a dual core CPU, and that being checked makes the program utilize both cores which should give a pretty hefty (though not quite double) speed boost.

As I said, I was experimenting last night, and I was honestly running this game full speed ~99% of the time with MTGS disabled (the lowest it ever dropped to was ~55FPS, or 90% of full speed), so you should get full speed with it enabled.

Define "really low"? Also, in the bar at the top, it should say "CPU xx%", with xx being a number. What number is this at when the FPS is low? More often than not, a higher number (like 99%) means the GPU/graphics subsystem of the emulation/video settings is the bottleneck, and otherwise, it's the CPU.

As I said, I have no idea about the other two games. I don't have/have never played them.

Edit: Also, it won't make a big difference by itself, so I doubt this is the problem, but make sure you're using the SSE4.1 version of the GSdx plug-in, as your CPU supports the SSE4.1 instruction set.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
man i got your pcsx2 version yet i cant see the 8 bit texture and my fps is 30-40 FPS
I heard that users how are directx10 have huge speed up,all those vids on youtube that presenting their FPS rate have a pc worse than mine...

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
Pcsx2 - Windows Live

Download the latest SVN from the above link and extract it into your current PCSX2 0.9.6 folder. Use the included executables to launch PCSX2 instead. This build also includes the latest plugins and is courtesy of member satanic666 AKA 'Orleans'.

·
From Love and Limerence
6,574 Posts
Yes, using DirectX 10 does give a speedup. I was limited to ~1400x1050 internal resolution in DirectX 9 in this game, but I found I can use at least 1600x1200 (maybe higher, haven't tried) in DirectX 10.

Still, I was running DirectX 9 just fine too. As I said, I was running it in single core mode 99% full speed, so you should be able to get full speed in dual core mode (even if that means slight use of speed hacks).

Oh, and if you're talking about the shaking of the screen, try playing with the interlacing options. I have to do that for some of my games too (but I turn it on on the fly when needed, hence it's left off by default).

·
Registered
155 Posts
for BT3 try run it in Full screen and check "native" in the gsdx settings
and Esc Hack in the speed hack settings to get out from full screen when necessary

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.