Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay tell me at what temp your AMD works........cause I just bought an AMD athlon PC 1.2ghz today.......!
it is hell too fast
Ali

·
Registered
345 Posts
my amd 1.2 idles at around 30 celcius
but after a bout of cpu intensive ePSXe or mpg encoding it can get up to around 50 celcius but quickly drops back down after im done

a couple weeks ago, my cpu fan was dying on me and my cpu got up to around 60 celcius

i normally dont check my cpu temp but when my system that had been running stable since january started acting weird, i did some investigating and noticed my rpms on the fan down around 2000 which was normally 5000 so i spent ten bucks and got a new fan now it runs smooth again

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well actually my PC is going around 60 celcius.........

·
Registered
21 Posts
my 800 is around 30c, but theyll go up to 80c before going pop, providing your mobo doesnt melt first!
I personally would want mine above 50c.

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I think that all of the processors work around 50 to 60 celcius..!....I have done on thing......I took a fan and attached it to my casing very near to the processor which throws the hot air out of the PC.........well.......it works and the temperature is now constant at around 55.............!

I have another fan which I will attach to the front portion of the casing..........ofcourse inside...............that would throw cold air inside the PC

Ali

·
I'm in despair!
3,420 Posts
Originally posted by liaqatali
What I think that all of the processors work around 50 to 60 celcius..!....I have done on thing......I took a fan and attached it to my casing very near to the processor which throws the hot air out of the PC.........well.......it works and the temperature is now constant at around 55.............!

I have another fan which I will attach to the front portion of the casing..........ofcourse inside...............that would throw cold air inside the PC

Ali
Mine usually runs around 45-55c.

[]s Badaro

·
&-)---|--<
8,586 Posts
My amd tbird [email protected] mhz stays at 35-38c at idle... Then when stressed, it goes to about 43c.. I played epsxe for about 2 hours and its still at 43c.. Must be my huge ass, and loud, globalwin Cpu Fan I got.. 7000 rpms.. Plus I also got Artic silver.. I think you guys should try and keep the temperature of the cpu at below 60c.. I know It can withstand higher temps but I just rather be on the safe side... Oh and I played quake3 for about 1 hour and still only around 43-45c.. Went down quick too after I left it idle for a few minutes.. back to 35c.. Its gets pretty hot here in California..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm some kind of newbie around... I discovered that my CPU chase is always hot... I want to know how do you manage to discover the celsius amount of the proccessor... Are you using some kind of software or something?

Thanks.

Lukkio.-

·
Registered
345 Posts
well, that depends on you mobo
mine came with a monitoring software so i dont think it will work on any other mobo than the same kind

you can check the temp in the BIOS but thats not real time temp

i would use a search engine and see if you can find a program for your mobo
or check the mobo web site

S

·
0 Posts
I have an Athlon 1.2ghz on a Soyo Motherboard and it stays steady at 51c. Never seems to vary even after a long online, gaming, or screen saver session. Liaqatali, I would say that 60c was rather high for your CPU (you have the same one as I) but now that you say you have it down to 55c, I would say that that is much better.
Lukkio, my motherboard came w/a temperature sensing and monitoring program and of course I have it installed and running all the time.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well today I noticed that it was constant at 61..........all the time........!

·
Registered
310 Posts
hey liaqatali, it used to be like that for my 750 t-bird (50-60C temperature) but it got damaged i think it got burned or something and wasn't covered by the waranty! be warned when you use generic fans that come out with the processor.
Now I have a 1.2Ghz processor and bought a Globalwin 7000rpm fan to make sure it doesn't happen again, just make sure your temp doesn't go beyond 60C!(my temperature is usually around 50C maybe because i have a small, poor ventilated casing casing)
Also periodic fan cleaning for the videocard and processor can help prevent this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts