Next Generation Emulation banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No, you're fine redlofredlof.;)

Asus just slapped their name on top of the Realtek Audio Control Panel. If you update your sound card drivers from Realtek's site, the Asus logo will be gone.

The only reason there are two speaker icons in my taskbar is that one is Windows 7's volume control and the other is Realtek's audio manager.

EDIT: You'd think N.A.V. would do a CRC check on the file first before accusing it of being a virus since a LOT of people with onboard sound have Realtek HD Audio... :/
norton did not detect it as a virus. I just wanted to know what was this process running in the background.
Wait, redlof, when you said you had an asus sound card, did you mean the audio on your asus motherboard? That's would be a realtek chipset. Wish you hadn't called it a card.

Asus DOES make sound cards (Xonar) and they're fantastic. They don't use the realtek chipset. I assumed, since you said card that's what you had.
Every motherboard has a sound card right? so it has to be from the manufacturer i.e., asus in my case. also it says asus on the green window so I asumed that the sound card was from asus.

Wish you hadn't called it a card.
what do you mean?

·
Registered Anime Hater
8,674 Posts
what do you mean?
Because simply using the word "card" gives the impression of an external card attached separately to the mobo rather then an on-board one.

It's a guess anyway :p

And a short note, just type in the process name into Google and you'll get all the info. you need :)

·
代言人
7,184 Posts
norton did not detect it as a virus. I just wanted to know what was this process running in the background.

Every motherboard has a sound card right? so it has to be from the manufacturer i.e., asus in my case. also it says asus on the green window so I asumed that the sound card was from asus.

what do you mean?
Not every mobo has an onboard SPU, some comes with the bundle you purchase.
Realize there is no sound output/input at mobo inlet/outlet?
There is no limitation on a mobo using another company's part in a bundle.
My mobo even came with stalker, the game.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Over half the repairs I do to systems are Norton related problems, worst piece of software ever.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
i recommend updating the realtek drivers anyway, the latest HD drivers improve support for DS3D (Occlusion and Obstruction)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.