Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see people reffering to "PP" as I look through the forum, what is PP?

Now for my second question!

I just got Shin megami(persona) 2, 3, and 4. I would vastly prefer to play them on my computer over the PS2 if possible. I have an intel duo core and vista, plenty of ram, a geforge 8800gt.

What plugins should I be using and any specific settings to use, on those plugins? I really did use the search function but there is so much jargon in the posts that I just do not understand what they are talking about.

Right now I am trying to play 3 first. The FPS mostly stays high and it does not use much of my CPU or memory, yet it is constantly choppy. I could not get it to read my game disc, so I tried using Gigaherz CD plugin, yet when I am playing it shows that it is only running at 4x. 4x seems awfully slow, is there another dvd plugin I should use, or some way to increase the speed?

I got the discs from a friend and 2 and 3 are very scratched up, 4 is a bit scratched up too. My computer had trouble reading any of them but after enough cleaning, buffing and several attempts I managed to turn 2 and 3 into iso's. Should I try again to run the original discs, or burn the isos onto new DVDs?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't know what PP is?

You will always get better speeds if you just run the game from the image instead of directly from the DVD/CD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see "PP" reffered to a lot on various threads, I do not know if it is a plugin or a setting or what, but it seemed important.

My new problem is I just upgraded from 94 to 95 and now I can't get it to recognize any of the DVD or sound plugins I used for 94.

·
Registered
443 Posts
the 95 package should come with all the plug-ins for use with that version.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Made a stupid error, fixed it. What is the difference between the pcsx2svn377 and pcsx2tn377 file, besides the T of course heh? What is the actual difference in the files?

·
Registered
836 Posts
1. make an iso of the disc if you want speeds.
2. download the latest PP (pcsx2 playground) builds and plugins
3. use wich ever setup works fine for you.

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
Made a stupid error, fixed it. What is the difference between the pcsx2svn377 and pcsx2tn377 file, besides the T of course heh? What is the actual difference in the files?
pcsx2svn377 is a virtual memory build and pcsx2tn377 is non VM, its called TLB.

PP is Pcsx2 Playground version, also a beta version and not a plugin. It includes various speed hacks and more advanced options.

I got the discs from a friend and 2 and 3 are very scratched up, 4 is a bit scratched up too. My computer had trouble reading any of them but after enough cleaning, buffing and several attempts I managed to turn 2 and 3 into iso's. Should I try again to run the original discs, or burn the isos onto new DVDs?
You must also have your own game DVD's and not make copies of your friend's dvd(s).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Oh no, I own the original discs now. I just mentioned I got the discs from a friend and they were quite scratched up.

I have 4 graphics plugins that came with the playground pack.

Gsdx 872 msvc 15 sse2 0.1.1.12
Gsdx 872 msvc 15 sse41 0.1.1.12
Gsdx 872 msvc 15 ssse3 0.1.1.12
ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1

What is the difference in the plugins? Any suggestion which one to use and what settings are important?

·
troubleshooter
7,514 Posts
GSdx has different versions depending on particular CPU types. core2duo will support ssse3

quad will support sse41 and lower versions like core duo and athlonX2 will only work with sse2 version.

ZeroGS requires pixel shader2 in your graphics card and is more dependent on graphics card.
you should try ssse3 version of GSdx

·
Registered
41 Posts
you can see which version of sse you have by going to:
config -> cpu
and in the left upper corner under features its written. so use the highest you have.

btw. some c2d also have sse4.1...like mine E8500 :D

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
PP is not just speedhacks, its also seen a vast improvement in the emulation core, which has had the negative impact of breaking VM, probably permanently.

·
Registered
15 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts