Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Could you be more specific. DO you mean that the drive is scratching disks, or do you mean that the drive has broken down etc? :confused:

·
Registered
513 Posts
>if you throw them to people
Snapping them in two and getting polycarbonate shards stuck in your fingers hurts a good deal too.

·
Registered
526 Posts
as far as i understand what Brahn is trying to ask here is how does the CD-rom or dvd roms gets damaged. Most probably hes talking about the lens in the cd-r or dvd-r. Well brahm if this what your trying to ask here is then maybe i can throw a bit of info but im certainly not sure whether its correct or not, im just telling u out of my experience with the darn things.
1. Pirated CDs---- the quality of the cd's may not be so great which cause the lens to read more which can cause the rapid deteriating of the cd-r lens life.
2. Sometimes a lot of dust gets stuck on the lens of the cd-r or dvd-r which in turn when runned can cause a lot of scratching on ure lens and ure cd-s.
3.Your using the darn as a cup holder. :D .....

Although a cheaper thing to do is that whenever ure lens gets burned out simply replace it rather than buying a new one. I always do this myslef and it saves me a bundle on new Cd-roms.

Hope i helped u out here...

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just a little tidbit of information, ice2hot is really close... Makes sence... :)

Anyways, the CD is dammaged when the CD-Rom/ DVD player tries to read a disk and it cannot focaus properly.. Sometimes when trying to focus right, the CD lense will actually touch the surface of the disk, scratching it... Most newer drives dont have this problem, but i had an older 12x that was notorius for turning my CDs into worthless scratched plastic... :rockets:

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
hey 404, how [general failure]??? [/B]

I'll field ths one. since I asked the same thing.
404 is helping bobbi do something on PSXEmu.com so he gets a personalized title. Check out his location and signature. Its a theme see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts