Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope you still remember those two? With so much development in Pete's plugins I think no one uses them now.At the same time I think those two were quite good at that point of time.

So why there have been no development in them?

Still those two plugins are fast and work well in some games.

Nik's plugin is the fastest that I have ever seen and apart from some weird glitches [like black backgrounds in some games(if someone can still solve this I will start using it for many more games)] this plugin works okay.In my opinion this is the only plugin that plays metal gear solid mdecs without hanging in between(Check it out on your system,mine specs are on profile).

Segu's plugin has less glitches than Nik's (its slightly slower though) and as far as I am concerned it is the only plugin that can give playable speeds with good graphics at 1024 X 768 resolution.

So to all those who think they cannot play plugin based emulators on lower end computers give these two a try.

Coming back to main topic,any news of these two plugins ? I think Nik will think again about releasing another d3d plugin(not sure whether it will be that fast again).I have no info about segu though.May be someone will release a Fast D3d plugin in near future.

S

·
0 Posts
I believe that Nickk is still working on his OGL plugin. Segu, on the other hand, I think, stopped working on his some time ago.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
it's just nice to see authors paying attention to the boards
something you dont expect in most sites :)

good to hear that NickK is still at it. we need people like you for psx emus (ok, it's ng emus now :) )

prafull,
unlike commercial products, free emulation doesn't directly benefit from user demands. so if something's good, it doesn't mean it's more likely to last, unfortunately :(
it depends more on the authors themselves.

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
Nickk i don't know your the author of nickk d3d... Its the first plugin i use and love in psemupro pro

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
weell :D i thought youre that person

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Oh well. It seems to be a common mistake :)
Maybe in the future I'll release a D3D hardware plugin? Wait and see ;)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh I was also mistaken for some time between Nik and Nickk.Btw it seems every one is mistaken (sxamiga & takwu are mistaken for sure).So, that means neither Nik's nor Segu's d3d plugins will have an update.Or will they?(who knows may be some hidden work is already going on somewhere)

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
Originally posted by NickK
Maybe in the future I'll release a D3D hardware plugin? Wait and see ;)
That would be great :D

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
actually, i havent mistaken...
i was just commenting on NickK's reply. I know he writes that OGL plugin. and I know Nik's D3D is unrelated to him :) maybe i should've said something then.

i guess sx/amiga is the one to blame for the confusion ;)
anyways, yeah, Nik's D3D is really old and I doubt it'll be updated anymore :(

S

·
0 Posts
Yup, I'm responsible for the confusion. I got the two mixed up:emb: . Sorry about that, Prafull. I did not mean to confuse anyone.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by sxamiga
Yup, I'm responsible for the confusion. I got the two mixed up:emb: . Sorry about that, Prafull. I did not mean to confuse anyone.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
Hey never mind sxamiga.Sometimes it happens.Infact I (and I think a lot of others) was confused too.It doesnt happen everyday that you find two people with similar names working in the same business (designing plugins in this case).

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
well I have a simple question , Could the fact of the lack of compability with epsxe be , that the Driver's are not Certificated by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Lab ?? Or the fact that the card's are very new (specialy the Kyro II chip ) , and the Greatest question Can Pete ( the 9º wonder of the world) Do something !?!?

S

·
0 Posts
Thanks for being so undrstanding Prafull. I really appriecate it.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 18 of 18 Posts